Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

??Thirdgen LCAs on a Fourthgen??

Old 10-17-2008, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ??Thirdgen LCAs on a Fourthgen??

I've recently sold my thirdgen camaro for a '00 Z28. I have got a set of Spohn adjustable LCAs that I didn't get a chance to install. My only suspension mods are Strano sway bars and I'm not really planning on lowering the car anytime soon. My question is will Spohn LCAs for a thirdgen work on a fourthgen? And would it be worth it install these on a car that sees probably 99% street use and the rest at the drag strip?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Yep, they are the same.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the help Sam, you make some great sway bars BTW

You have any opinions about whether I should put them on the car or sell them? If they won't really give any good benefits unless I'm lowered I'll just sell them. But if they'll improve the handling and give me some more traction at stock ride height I'll put them on.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Thanks for the help Sam, you make some great sway bars BTW

You have any opinions about whether I should put them on the car or sell them? If they won't really give any good benefits unless I'm lowered I'll just sell them. But if they'll improve the handling and give me some more traction at stock ride height I'll put them on.
Glad you like the swaybars!!!

I don't have LCA's in my car (stock with 1LE bushings which I can get). I don't see them really helping, and that's not because they aren't UMI's.... If you don't have wheelhop and don't plan on doing a lot of drag racing, etc. I don't see them as a help on the handling side myself. Of course situations vary and I don't know how the car acts, etc, but considering I don't have them I don't think the car will suffer for it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Search this Thread