Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Quick Question: Any info on "carbon trim"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Question: Any info on "carbon trim"?

Basically, I have read about this trim option for the interior... does anyone have any further info on this and possible and real pics?

I would think it would look fantastic with an all black, leather interior and that sweet ambient lighting. On that, will all SS's have that ambient lighting or will this also have to be a selected option?

Thanx!
Old 10-19-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you hear about a carbon fiber interior? That **** would be way expensive, unless you're talking about the fake stuff, and in that case, why bother?
Old 10-19-2008, 03:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by obZidian
Basically, I have read about this trim option for the interior... does anyone have any further info on this and possible and real pics?

I would think it would look fantastic with an all black, leather interior and that sweet ambient lighting. On that, will all SS's have that ambient lighting or will this also have to be a selected option?

Thanx!
The carbon fiber will be for the accent pieces in the car. And you will order them as an option from the dealership.

As for the ambient lighting. It comes in the 2SS and it is blue. The other colors you may have seen are different colored accent pieces that will later be out for the car. No REAL pictures are out for this yet.

BUT something that we have noticed is that the lighting will still be blue to if you get yellow accents in the car, you will get a greenish color. We are all hoping that that give us different bulbs, or hoping we can swap them out for regular bulbs...
Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

If you want to see the simulated carbon fiber trim, head over to your nearest Cadillac dealership and see if any of the CTS cars on the lot have that option. It looks very cheap, we had a loaner CTS with the trim when ours was in the shop. I'd rather have simulated brushed aluminum instead, it doesn't look as fake.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
If you want to see the simulated carbon fiber trim, head over to your nearest Cadillac dealership and see if any of the CTS cars on the lot have that option. It looks very cheap, we had a loaner CTS with the trim when ours was in the shop. I'd rather have simulated brushed aluminum instead, it doesn't look as fake.
Whats up nine?

I haven't seen the carbon trim in a new CTS but I do have it in my 08' C6 Z06. Have you seen it? It doesn't look very real, honestly, But I'll prefer it over the factory silver dash. However, the brushed aluminum in the SS is quite nice and should work very well with a silver car.

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hc8719
Where did you hear about a carbon fiber interior? That **** would be way expensive, unless you're talking about the fake stuff, and in that case, why bother?
I'm assuming its a fake CF and its an option.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

of course its fake, its gm not ferrari

Quick Reply: Quick Question: Any info on "carbon trim"?