Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally!

I lost my 2002 Formula during hurricane ike... damn tree!

About to go pick up a 2001 WS6 with 33k miles on it this weekend.

My formula had kook headers, y-pipe, hiflow cats, slp loudmouth. Debating if I want to leave this WS6 stock, or put a full exhaust on this one too. It'd be a daily driver like my formula was, and it was plenty fun just with exhaust. Though I really wanted a head and cam package to go along with it. But that stuff is out of my knowledge base.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Badass that your getting another Fbody is the WS6 A4 or M6 ??
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with this car and have fun driving it.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its gonna be an M6 like my formula was.
Friday cannot get here soon enough! hehe
Old 10-21-2008, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

did you pull anything off the formula before insurance got there?
good luck with the ws6!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why not? Just mod the hell out of it. Sucks about the formula, but youll be just as happy or even more happy with the WS6. Good luck, and be sure to post some photos of it.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lady_Bird
did you pull anything off the formula before insurance got there?
good luck with the ws6!
That is a negative. Insurance would not let me take anything off of the car. The exhaust was probably ruined to begin with, as the tree that fell on it was HUGE, and I couldn't slide a piece of paper under it. So imagine it got bent, warped, crushed or what not.

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
Why not? Just mod the hell out of it. Sucks about the formula, but youll be just as happy or even more happy with the WS6. Good luck, and be sure to post some photos of it.
LOL Well, I'm putting my fiance thru school out of town, and trying to save for our wedding. I make decent $ but not enough to mod it like I'd want. I'm some what knowledgable(sp) about most upgrades, but like superchargers (what I really want) is waaaay out of my league to know what I'd need. And have not had to good of luck with performance shops. Had issues with MTI (prob bcuz I didn't have a vette, and was dumping $20k in upgrades at once) and a shop that recently closed fatal performance. So... yeah, hard to find someone reliable. I heard good things about HPE, then recently heard quite a few negatives.

I had Kook headers before, recommend them again? My uncle wants to get pacesetters for his Z28, but not to sure about quality, read lots of mixed reviews on those as well. Before going with Kook, was gonna go with SLP. But, I'll definitely be more active on here when I get it this weekend, and come up with a few $ to mod it. And I will try and get some photos of it. Don't think I ever did post my formula.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if your trying to save up, i would just do complete exhaust and then wait a little til you have some money to drop on cam/heads etc. Just some longtubes and hi flow cat (!cat if legal) and new cat back setup
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I'm sure I'll do a full exhaust again. Not sure what (!cat) means sorry But I will definitely want it emissions legal.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurdsOfMayhem
LOL Well, I'm putting my fiance thru school out of town, and trying to save for our wedding. I make decent $ but not enough to mod it like I'd want. I'm some what knowledgable(sp) about most upgrades, but like superchargers (what I really want) is waaaay out of my league to know what I'd need. And have not had to good of luck with performance shops. Had issues with MTI (prob bcuz I didn't have a vette, and was dumping $20k in upgrades at once) and a shop that recently closed fatal performance. So... yeah, hard to find someone reliable. I heard good things about HPE, then recently heard quite a few negatives.

I had Kook headers before, recommend them again? My uncle wants to get pacesetters for his Z28, but not to sure about quality, read lots of mixed reviews on those as well. Before going with Kook, was gonna go with SLP. But, I'll definitely be more active on here when I get it this weekend, and come up with a few $ to mod it. And I will try and get some photos of it. Don't think I ever did post my formula.
Oh alright, thats very understandable. Priorities always come first. I know what your talking about with wanting to mod your vehicle. As for me, I would love to go N/A first, then add some boost to it. Ive heard kooks are good, but alot of people go with Pacesetter LT Headers with make the best HP gain, and the quality is superb. I would recommend to check out used or as some would also say, "road tested" parts in the classifieds. If you buy them from a member that has good trader reviews/feedback. You cant go wrong.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
12 Second Club

good luck w the new car. be sure to post up some pics when you get it.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got it back to Houston safely. I put some new tires on it before the trip, some Hancooks. Man is it hard to find tires up in the NE for these cars. Don't have any pics yet, fiance has the digital camera with her at school in Beaumont. Car handled and sounded great.

It needs a new clutch badly though, the women I bought it from took great care of everything else, but must have rode the schmit outta the clutch. LOL
Car after getting it back home, still only has 33,600 miles on it.

So, not sure of what clutch to get. In my Formula I had some Z06 clutch that MTI put in, and it worked fine. Thinking about giving SPEC another shot, after the little discussion we had, I just pm'd spec01 for some recommendations.

I'd imagine it would be better to go ahead and replace the fly-wheel too would it not? I already know to replace the slave cylinder, but been seeing these aftermarket adjustable masters? Not sure what that is all about, or if it is needed.

Car exterior is in great shape, the wheels have these weird swirl marks on them, and a few knicks here and there. Anyways, made it back safely! nmelone21 do you have a pic of your TA with the SLP HO Hood? I always wanted to put one on my formula when I had it. Would love to see it!

JZ

Quick Reply: Finally!