Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauge Cluster and advice on mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gauge Cluster and advice on mods

Ok, I am trying to put a plan together for the appearance modifications I am planning to do to my Trans Am. I am pretty sure I want to tastefully incorporate red,blue, and silver in the car. The paint is currently stock silver.

Under hood:I am going to 86 the EGR and AIR mostly for appearance. Wanted billet anodized MAF ends but looks like ported ends cause grief (read every post on LS1tech over the past year about them).Was going to make some FRC's fill in corvette paint them and put Trans Am on them. I am not sure what color I should paint them at this time.Probably going to paint lower airbox silver.

Interior: I want to get colored gauge faces. I really like the 200mph set up but I want the font to match that of the auxillary gauges I wind up using (Autometer Phantom maybe). I also want a Trans Am or T/A applique on the gauge face as well as the red line moved up to 6.5k. Anyone know of anyone that offers this? I figure if neccessary I can have granatelli do the 200mph conversion and then get custom overlays. I don't know.
I really can't think of what I can do to the interior so it isn't so damn boring and grey. Anyone done anything cool to their interior that looks as subtle and good as a stock interior but better?

As it stands I would love to go faster ( this is my 1st priority) but I really need something that is cool to look at while I am driving around.

Car is a daily driver and will be driven in all weather.

I have a few more ideas whirling around right now but in the state of mind I am in (tired) they'll just come out as gibberish.

thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 01:43 AM
RJF
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Gauge Cluster and advice on mods

web page Checkout my Silver Z.The ultra light gauges looks good and matches my car.I also have ported maf ends no probs here.Everything was polished nice but i didnte clear coat it.O well need something for winter besides adding a cam.