Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A variety of N2O questions....kinda long!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A variety of N2O questions....kinda long!

Ok, propane the hot new topic:

Has an octane rating of 110-120 according to WV alt. fuel research program, no lead, but is 32% less dense than gasoline. Sure anyway...Why shouldnt I be able to run Propane/N2O in a direct port form? Of course jetting selection will be trial and error until theres a graph of relative output potential. That would also need to be done per psi of bottles.

Now onto DP:

Where can I get jet size info for a NX DP kit. If running a dedicated fuel system, 6psi?

Using the NOSzle DP, can the jets be mounted at the distribution block ends or no? If so will it have negative affects on the performance? thought about this and asked before, something about the pressure drop would cause the fuel to drip down the tubing, not under as much pressure.

Progreesive timers:

What it be safe if I end up building/buying a DP kit to go ahead and jet it to lets say 300hp, but use a PC to limit max flow to what the engine can handle, like say 175 now. and later after new short block goes in program for max flow? Or should I stop being lazy about this. Just figured I could save myself some time I only wanted to run 100shots,the PC it down to that level. Or bump it up if i feel frisky!

TIA,

Charlie.

Old 09-15-2003, 05:28 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: A variety of N2O questions....kinda long!

Where can I get jet size info for a NX DP kit. If running a dedicated fuel system, 6psi?

I have the jet map, need to get it out of the garage though. It runs on a 9.5 PSI tuneup though.

Using the NOSzle DP, can the jets be mounted at the distribution block ends or no? If so will it have negative affects on the performance? thought about this and asked before, something about the pressure drop would cause the fuel to drip down the tubing, not under as much pressure.

This will cause drizzle dick and you don't want to do it. The jets are in the nozzles to optimize the pressure characteristics. Think of it like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose.

Progreesive timers:

What it be safe if I end up building/buying a DP kit to go ahead and jet it to lets say 300hp, but use a PC to limit max flow to what the engine can handle, like say 175 now. and later after new short block goes in program for max flow? Or should I stop being lazy about this. Just figured I could save myself some time I only wanted to run 100shots,the PC it down to that level. Or bump it up if i feel frisky!

Just depends on how long you want it to last between rebuilds. Who did the forged bottom end? Are the heads studded and o-ringed?
Old 09-15-2003, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

i need the jetmap as well! i have the nx direct port with standard jets and even at 5.5 psi, i cant lean it out enough, still at 10.0 to 1 at the top end of the rpm's

thanks derty!

Old 09-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Restricted User

Derty thank you. Will be waiting for the jet map.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

me 2!

thanks!

Old 09-16-2003, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

I have the jet map, need to get it out of the garage though. It runs on a 9.5 PSI tuneup though.

This will cause drizzle dick and you don't want to do it. The jets are in the nozzles to optimize the pressure characteristics. Think of it like putting your finger over the end of a garden hose.

Progreesive timers:

Just depends on how long you want it to last between rebuilds. Who did the forged bottom end? Are the heads studded and o-ringed?
What if you are using propane? Do you think that putting the jets in the distribution block ends would hurt then.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Restricted User

i dont think it would matter using two gases.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

That is what I was thinking thanks.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Restricted User

dude, dont take my word for it, hell i am asking just as much questions. I would like to think of using my finger to plug a liquid (gasoline) and it'll drip, but the nitrous doesnt, then the propane shouldnt either.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Trying to blow peoples cars up huh

Key word think
Old 09-17-2003, 01:56 AM
Restricted User

Like I say, tis my opinion, not to be followed by little ankle biters like you that cant afford to fix that car one more time! Why dont you go burn a valve again?

Yes, Andrew I think, therefore I do not know, until I try it, or someone else does. I am looking more towards a 3 stage 50Dry/75NP/100NP (NP=Nitrous + Propane). Using switches for staging the hits. Need to replace the injectors first, or else the dry will kill it!
Time to build a nitrous kit.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Trying to blow peoples cars up huh

Key word think
He is just stating what he thinks.