LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TPIS Performance Parts (question)

Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TPIS Performance Parts (question)

I have a 93 M6 LT1 Formula stock for now.

I just wanted get some opinions from people who have had experience with TPIS porformance parts.

I've never heard any feedback from people who have used their stuff and was thinking about some of their products but I dont want to disappointed so please let me know of anything they have that would benefit my LT1.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

i used some parts back in the early 90s,very expensive! Myron Cottrel does know his stuff.......
i had their zz9 cam and their heads back then in a TPI L98 it was a low 12 car on tire...
i also used LPE componets on my other car,Less cam(219/219) same ET as the TPIS goodies
keep your eyes open for deals....
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not gonna bash them, I used some of TPIS's stuff on my 'ol 91 Z28 years ago. (5.7 TPI/a4)

Their TPI stuff was awesome back in the day...but I will say that when it comes to LT1 stuff, I'd look elsewhere. You'll go alot faster for less money.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're local for me, and I heard nothing but good things from local people. Cheapest I've found on Energy Suspension stuff too, for when I finally get around to doing poly bushings
Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Colin91Z
I'm not gonna bash them, I used some of TPIS's stuff on my 'ol 91 Z28 years ago. (5.7 TPI/a4)

Their TPI stuff was awesome back in the day...but I will say that when it comes to LT1 stuff, I'd look elsewhere. You'll go alot faster for less money.
Thats good cuz I'm also doing a full restoration on a 1985 WS6 TA 355 TPI 5 speed, and Im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what kind of parts to get so I can achieve my 400 HP goal for the TPI 355.

And as u said also, their parts are pretty damn expensive $2,500 for LT1 heads "I dont think so" Id rather go with Trick Flows or Edelbrock for 1K less.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

They are less than wondeful for the LT1, a friend has a 383 in a Camaro built pretty much entirely of their stuff including ported AFRs and he wishes he could keep up to my stock shortblock Caprice.

The Trickflow heads have a BIG chamber really a poor choice for a NA 350 but still a good head in the right setup and the Edelbrock stuff is really really sad making less flywheel HP than a good setup with ported stock heads makes at the wheels. Best advise anyone can give you right now is stop. You have not done enough resach yet to see the difference between marketing and reality.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Not so good here, ordered two items like two years ago. Ordered the Happy Hooker and sway bar links. The links were for a different car (they shipped the wrong ones) and they added in the useless TB plate to the order that I didn't order. Wasn't worth the shipping to send the stuff back. The end links went into a different car they did fit.

Other companies have better service.

It's a shame that so many companies always insist the customer made the mistake, not them.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had nothing but good luck with them. had a 350 tpi in a full size 4wd blazer that i bought a intake, cam and a few other small things with headers and full msd the thing would spin all 4 35 inch t/a'. i plan on bying a cam from them soon along with a tune and there gonna port my intake. call them up there awsome to talk to and really good guys. although deff not the cheapest.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
They are less than wondeful for the LT1, a friend has a 383 in a Camaro built pretty much entirely of their stuff including ported AFRs and he wishes he could keep up to my stock shortblock Caprice.

The Trickflow heads have a BIG chamber really a poor choice for a NA 350 but still a good head in the right setup and the Edelbrock stuff is really really sad making less flywheel HP than a good setup with ported stock heads makes at the wheels. Best advise anyone can give you right now is stop. You have not done enough resach yet to see the difference between marketing and reality.
I have heard that your better off just porting the stock heads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPIS Performance Parts (question)