Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing my solenoids with my window switch hooked up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing my solenoids with my window switch hooked up?

Is there a good way to test the solenoids when I have my MSD 8969 window switch hooked up without turning the car on? I can activate the system, set the window switch to 0, and activate the WOT switch from under the hood, but it doesn't activate the solenoids. will the window switch not work if the car isn't on? i'm trying to find a controlled way of testing it. thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

note, i'm trying to resolve a surging issue while on the nitrous which seems to get worse the bigger the shot I run, but that's another thread
Old 10-23-2008, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disconnect the nitrous, purge the system, remove the nozzle line from the nozzle and run the car controlling the throttle by hand. have someone else w/their hand on the solenoid while you rev the engine AND hold the WOT.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Duffster
disconnect the nitrous, purge the system, remove the nozzle line from the nozzle and run the car controlling the throttle by hand. have someone else w/their hand on the solenoid while you rev the engine AND hold the WOT.
ya I guess I'll have to do something like that. It's a wet kit so I'll still have fuel pumping into the car but that won't hurt it as much as running the nitrous when it's not really wot I guess, might just bog down
Old 10-23-2008, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

i just tried it but since it's a wet kit it dumps so much fuel in that it was causing the motor to bog down and die instantly. i think i may try disconnect the fuel solenoid so that I can test the nitrous solenoid on it's own, and vice versa. also, it seems that the n2o solenoid activating is much more prominent than the fuel solenoid
Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Banned

ground the yellow wire of the window switch and you can test the system
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

what I ended up doing was testing the solenoids individually with the car on and just removing the ground from each to disable it. i tested the nitrous with the bottle closed and I tested the fuel with the hose detached and in a water bottle. what i discovered is that fuel continued to flow from the fuel solenoid long after the solenoid was deactivated. what the HELL could cause that to happen?

I guess regardless I'll be replacing the fuel solenoid and hoping that resolved my surging issue too. either way that explains why i was using so much damn fuel when I used the nitrous. I'm hoping this just means that the fuel solenoid is faulty and probably just not consistently flowing fuel when it IS activated, causing the surging issue. looking back at my logs I can see the a/f fluctuating about .5-1.0 afr while on the juice, and after i got off it instead of running around 14.7 it's running around 14.0-14.2, indicating the fuel is still coming out.

what sucks is that that solenoid was supposively new when this kit went together a year and a half ago. POS I guess. more results to come

Quick Reply: Testing my solenoids with my window switch hooked up?