LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

finally its all coming together now! winter work thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking finally its all coming together now! winter work thread

finally im starting to see some reall progress. it all started out 2 years ago i picked up a 94 trans am a4 crashed for 800 bucks. the owner had no insurance so it had a clean title but it took a pretty mean hit in the front. bolth bags were blown the winshield was smashed and not a single body pannel was good on the front end or at least i was told everything. was alredy gone when i got to it. the radiator supoort and bolth frame horns were pretty screwed up to. i quicklly decided to do a ls1 nose on it. right away i sent it to the frame machine and had the rad and horns fixed. i also got the new bags in it and a new windshield and a suncoast raptor hood and intake. i got some ls1 honey comb tail lights jsut cause it was a good deal. headlights,i also got what i needed to get the car runing and even got to drive it. but after that i got in some finacial trouble so it got put on pause. this past summer i worked my *** off 50-60 hours a week so i could get something done on it. after saving up some dough i was all set up to make some orders but then i started college. my finacial aid did not go through in time so all that money was lost in first semester tuition. finally last week i got my check so i made it back up to myself by buying a fender ,bumper and cover and all the plastic crap that goes along with it. the guy threw in a six speed console (six speed sold seperatley) and all the lights. i also have a new opti on order becase it **** the bed a little after i got the car running. and i got a polished stainless radiator support ....i gess youd call it, and the cooling fans. now i only need 1 fender and some paint to wrap up the body.

before i put the front end on im doing some motor work well i have the extra room.soo - tpis cam,intake port, new water pump, hooker long tubes, tune and true duals. and a six speed!

ill try and get some pics up soon.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds lik ur gettin the car where u want it sux about the financial thing i guess u still hav the lt1? good luck wit finishing.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know how it feels not to have the money to fix ur ride...it took me 4 yrs ! Keep us updated on your progress !
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

finallly got the pics on my computer.

here its after i got it back from the frame machine. friend of mine had a lt1 hood lying around. and someone local had the bumper

and now got the new windshield, new air bags, new dash pad. and today i mocked up the front end minus the pasenger fender.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice....not too many ppl out there willing to rebuild these yet as they are a dime a dozen!!! i have had every single thing except doors, rear bumper, and hatch off of my car....and did a 6 spd swap.....it was def a big project and i love it....i am now driving it but it does still need paint....i will finish it soon....i do bodywork and i have had my 79 T/A in the booth sitting for a month now so i havent had a whole lot of time on my 94 camaro lately

but very nice work and progress man
Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man. im doing the 6 speed swap this winter. im in the gm asep program so when i have the transmission class my teacher sed i could bring in my own t56 to rebuild. as far as the 79 you have goes i know how you feel i have a documented 71 chevelle on the back burner. but it need EVERYTHING. its a total basketcase.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by petechapter50
thanks man. im doing the 6 speed swap this winter. im in the gm asep program so when i have the transmission class my teacher sed i could bring in my own t56 to rebuild. as far as the 79 you have goes i know how you feel i have a documented 71 chevelle on the back burner. but it need EVERYTHING. its a total basketcase.
yeah ive had 17 fbodys run through so far!! now im lookin for a vette!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

wow 17 is alot haha. as far as people not wanting to rebuild them for me it wasent like i had the option to buy one done. im 18 years old and going to college. i have no credit for a loan and i dont have reliable income anyways. i bought the car my sinior year in high school. it was ether buy this or get a turd gen like everyone else. this gave me the ability to do things little by little when i had the money. plus i only bought the car for 800 bucks and when all is sed and done with the ls1 nose swap and the mods i listed above probiblly have 6 grand in it witch is not bad for a car the way i want it.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow that looks like my car about 2 years ago. Keep up the good work. The only two things i have not taken off my car were the rear hatch and the rear axle/gas tank. Looks like you are doing it right and it should mean a lot to you for years to come.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by petechapter50
wow 17 is alot haha. as far as people not wanting to rebuild them for me it wasent like i had the option to buy one done. im 18 years old and going to college. i have no credit for a loan and i dont have reliable income anyways. i bought the car my sinior year in high school. it was ether buy this or get a turd gen like everyone else. this gave me the ability to do things little by little when i had the money. plus i only bought the car for 800 bucks and when all is sed and done with the ls1 nose swap and the mods i listed above probiblly have 6 grand in it witch is not bad for a car the way i want it.
hey bro im 19 haha....ive got about 11 grand in my build, but it was totaly worth it and it was a year and a half build!! haha...so where you from?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

im from southern new hampshire near mass but right now going to school and living in laconia new hampshire near lake winnipeasauki. but my car is back at my parents house about an haour away so i can only work on it on weekends
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM

Looks like you're making good progress on it. It's gonna feel great the first time you get to drive it down the road!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

haha welll...i it did feel great. i drove it down the road a few months ago with no front end....and no plates. my nabors dident like it too much when i was smokin the tires down the street and the cops showed up later that day and i told them my nabors just hate that i have cars lying around. i mean look at that how it go down the road like that haha?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jarretthise
hey bro im 19 haha....ive got about 11 grand in my build, but it was totaly worth it and it was a year and a half build!! haha...so where you from?
Damn dude, 11 grand! I'm 19 as well and only have bout 2500 in my 383 build n i thought i was doing really well lol! It will be atleast another 2yrs before i start to see the end!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm approaching 10K in mine and I have barely touched the engine. All I have included in that cost for my new engine is my forged rotating assembly
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95CamZ
Damn dude, 11 grand! I'm 19 as well and only have bout 2500 in my 383 build n i thought i was doing really well lol! It will be atleast another 2yrs before i start to see the end!
haha not in my motor!! i only have about 4500 in my motor...about 11 in the whole car!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

yea im way too poor to do any real motor work right now. i figure i get used to the car before its to crazy. plus i want to be able to drive it everyday comfortablly. so im gonna leave the short block and heads alone. mabe next winter it will get some head work.

Quick Reply: finally its all coming together now! winter work thread