LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bulb sockets

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bulb sockets

So I need to replace two taillight bulb sockets in my 97. I can get universal ones that I'd have to do some splicing with for like 7 bucks, or I can get the ones that came with the car for about 48 each.

What route should I take? I've been told that the sockets for 93-97 are crap- does it make sense to just use the universal ones then?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

When I needed sockets two years ago, I couldn't find them in the aftermarket. A GM dealer wants like 50 bucks each for them. Find a store that sells AC Delco parts, they'll be like 15 bucks.

I changed them all, still working fine.

If you try the universal ones, make sure they fit and allow you to re-install the housing onto the car as the originals are flat and hardly stick out.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
When I needed sockets two years ago, I couldn't find them in the aftermarket. A GM dealer wants like 50 bucks each for them. Find a store that sells AC Delco parts, they'll be like 15 bucks.

I changed them all, still working fine.

If you try the universal ones, make sure they fit and allow you to re-install the housing onto the car as the originals are flat and hardly stick out.
Ah, good info- thanks! I'll strart looking for online vendors of AC Delco parts.

Quick Reply: Bulb sockets