Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub not fitting in stealth...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sub not fitting in stealth...

I just recieved my FiQ10 Subwoofer yesterday, and ive got the Stealth Enclosure from SubThump.

The sub does not fall right in, the sides of the sub. If your familiar with the FiQ10 subs, is rubbing against the enclosure. It's about a half inch gap from the sub being completely flush against the enclosure.

Should i wire the sub up and just force it in there??? It wont damage the sub or anything doing that, or should i try and file down the sides of the enclosure where the sub rubs to fit it right in there??? The sub will fit in there completely, just that its wider then most subs. So its rubbing just a bit.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

I've used a dremel with a couple of sanding drums before , it's a safe way to do it but it takes a while.
I'm not much of a wood worker, so maybe someone with more info will chime-in!

Hey, let us know how you like the Fiq10 when you get it mounted!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what i would do also. you can get a bit that looks like a wood rasp that goes on the end of a drill that will take out material really fast.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used a dremelon my stealth box for my RE SE cause it was way to big for the hole. forcing it down would possibly damage the mdf and i always find some reason to take it out and it would be a PITA to take the sub back out.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

yeaa, ill let u guy's know how the FiQ10 sub turns out for me.

I may just do what you suggested 99bluz28. thanks for the help, just wanted to know if this would be a good idea.