Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Audiopipe TS-V6 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiopipe TS-V6 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

anyone know anything about these? saw they were dual voice coil will they work for sail panal speakers?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Yes, they will work. Ask Kee Audio - he sells them.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

i have them dont buy them there garbage the kevlar in it just came unglued on one and they hit nearly as good as the stockers trust me dont waste your money on them save for a stealth box or get some kicker 6.5's
Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

when I seen that they were offered by a sponser I went to some car audio forums to do some research and found that Audiopipe was definitely a company to stay away from. I have never heard or used any, just going on what I read in multiple threads.

Last edited by vjo90rs8; 10-27-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JustWannaGoFast95
i have them dont buy them there garbage the kevlar in it just came unglued on one and they hit nearly as good as the stockers trust me dont waste your money on them save for a stealth box or get some kicker 6.5's
For something that is garbage, I've never heard anything from you. They are under warranty. If you had a problem with them I could have sent you a replacement if there was a defect in them.
They hit as hard as the stock subs but why would they hit any harder?? You haven't increased the power going to them or anything so I don't understand what you would expect out of them. Speakers don't make the amp louder unless the speaker has a lower impedance then the ones you replaced which would then put the amp in jeopardy potentially.
They are made from superior materials then stock...rubber butyl surrounds vs. foam that deteriorates in a couple years, poly cone structure vs. paper, larger magnet/vented voice coils with superior power handling over stock, and they are dual voice coil subs unlike the Kickers which are not and will not work properly in some in a Trans Am if you are trying to replace the stock subs.
I've tested these and heard what they do when properly installed. They do great. I've had 1 other one that came back with the glue issue out of 20 so far. I replaced it immediately and their has been no further issues that I am aware of. The area where it came loose was at the terminal where the speaker wires screw in. It was only on one small area right where the screw in terminal is itself and nowhere else. I also noticed some other things that had been done to the sub that were not done by accident and would have had to been done by the person that bought them or installed them. I still replaced them without question though and refunded the delivery charges which is generally not done either.
Audiopipe is not an audiophile company by no means and I would not recommend other products they make but after getting these and looking them over (contruction materials, etc.) and hearing/testing them first hand they do quite well for what they are designed for. If you listen to bass heavy music and are looking to upgrade because you want to get a bunch of boom from the subwoofers then a 10" stealth sub is going to put out way more punch then a 6.5" subwoofer anyday. If your looking to replace blown stock subs and retain the factory bass without having to replace them every year with stock subs again then these do very well.

I noticed these are in a Camaro and not a Trans Am, were the subs wired in parallel? If not then your not getting full power to these either. They must be wired in parallel to acheive the 2ohm load that the stock subs were putting out. If they are not putting out as much or more then the stock stock subs at higher volume then they may not be wired correctly.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you forgot to put /thread
Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by italicizedsponge
you forgot to put /thread

Quick Reply: Audiopipe TS-V6 6.5" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer