Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

I need help figuring out wats up wit my speakers... Somedays I'll start my car and my sound system will sound good, then other days I they sound like ****. there's even some occassions when i'll turn the car off and then the bass will come on...this is my stock system does anyboby have any ideas as to what could be wrong?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a number of things. Your speakers could be on there way out but haven't blown yet. I've seen several stock speakers with the foam surround in them either gone or deteriorated to the point where it was only a matter of time. This is relatively common with the stock speakers.
The stock amp could be having an issue as well. Make sure the harness to the radio and to the amp are ok. The stock amp is located in the rear hatch on the passenger side close to the alarm sensor. It's black and has a large bundle of wires going to it.
Also it would help a little if we knew what car it is: Firebird or Camaro. They are different from each other.