Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 exhaust manifolds on an LS2 or L92 cylinder head car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 exhaust manifolds on an LS2 or L92 cylinder head car?

I was trying to see if the LS7 stock exhaust manifolds will bolt up to an LS2, or L92 cylinder head. I have trailblazer SS and there are no "california" smog legal headers out there for us, and that is why I am checking it out. If anyone has ever heard of/seen those exhaust manifolds on another vehicle other than a Z06. If anyone has heard of some smog legal headers for the california guys please post up a link. I saw that JBA has some SSR shorties in the works,......maybe they will have some SS trailblazer headers too. Yes I know that I could just use the long tubes and then take them off of the truck to smog it.....but I just dont want to hassle with all of that crap.....
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fafnir

though about your smog setup, you know that what they're really looking for is non-relocated cats right?

_
Yeah but that's only part of the visual. Any aftermarket exhaust manifold, or header has to be aproved by the state.... that's where the whole C.A.R.B approved parts come from. They have to have an E.O#....

Thanks for the info man......just trying to stay under the radar, and still have some fun.....

I wonder how much more flow there REALLY is between the LS2 manifold and the LS7 manifold......if they flow like a set of "shorties", and they fit between the framerails...it should be a good deal.....
Old 10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeRM82
Yeah but that's only part of the visual. Any aftermarket exhaust manifold, or header has to be aproved by the state.... that's where the whole C.A.R.B approved parts come from. They have to have an E.O#....

Thanks for the info man......just trying to stay under the radar, and still have some fun.....

I wonder how much more flow there REALLY is between the LS2 manifold and the LS7 manifold......if they flow like a set of "shorties", and they fit between the framerails...it should be a good deal.....
Supposedly they do. LS7 manifolds are supposed to be the best flowing manifolds on any LS motor, they were designed specifically for the LS7 so it wouldn't be choked off at higher RPM's.