LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Dick Harrel???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question LT1 Dick Harrel???

I have seen a lot of guys with ls1's that have the sunoco hood and DH spoiler but never on an LT1 car. I am in the middle of getting everything ready to do a six speed swap and thought I might go ahead and put a hood, and spoiler on while it's out of commission for a while. My car is teal with tt2's on it. I was thinking of the SS hood, and the spoiler from the Dick Harrel car, but was unsure of the look. I'm not trying to be an SS poser but the fact of the matter is, is that the ss hood looks good. Any suggestions or pics would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found one thread with what i think is what ur lookin for. But do a search for CALL911 this dudes car is awesome and he has killer pics i just cant seem to find the really good ones. Send him a message and im sure he can send you some really good pics

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...184&highlight=

here's a thread with a couple of his pics.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

call911's silver camaro is exactly what i'm looking for.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that silver car is really tight!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kinda sorta went that way withmy car:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...374&highlight=
Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Think it looks good in photos? You should see it in person.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
I have seen a lot of guys with ls1's that have the sunoco hood and DH spoiler but never on an LT1 car. I am in the middle of getting everything ready to do a six speed swap and thought I might go ahead and put a hood, and spoiler on while it's out of commission for a while. My car is teal with tt2's on it. I was thinking of the SS hood, and the spoiler from the Dick Harrel car, but was unsure of the look. I'm not trying to be an SS poser but the fact of the matter is, is that the ss hood looks good. Any suggestions or pics would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Well if your a poser then that makes two of us. Who gives a rats a** what others think about doing a SS clone. Just don't put the SS badges on . Sad fact is, nobody really gets to see how sick it looks when its coming at you at a buck 30 because we are usually doing the pulling

I got my spoiler through SLP..don't remember the name of the place where I got the hood. I got them for dirt cheap at the time a couple years ago. I think it looks fu**ing sick The one thing I did notice with my aftermarket hood was the ram air itself was more wide then tall unlike the Orig. SS Hood...but I shedded over 15-20lbs with the fiberglass

Last edited by Elliott's94Z; 10-28-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned

Side shot and hood shot
Attached Thumbnails LT1 Dick Harrel???-1090881090.jpg   LT1 Dick Harrel???-1090870187.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

well im glad that the link i sent was what you were lookin for. Im lookin to do the sunoco hood with the ss spoiler myself.

Hey elliot your car looks awesome, i wish my car was red but im stuck with the dark green grey metallic so hopefully it ends up lookin good when im done.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
well im glad that the link i sent was what you were lookin for. Im lookin to do the sunoco hood with the ss spoiler myself.

Hey elliot your car looks awesome, i wish my car was red but im stuck with the dark green grey metallic so hopefully it ends up lookin good when im done.
Thanks man! Green's not bad...put the SS hood and spoiler on and it will look sweet!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

eh i dunno about the ss hood, i have thought about it but it seems like thats what everyone has so i was thinkin about orderin the vfn cowl hood. I saw a black 96 camaro with the ss spoiler and the vfn hood and it looked really good so i think im gonna go that route.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I kind of feel the same way about the SS hood but it does look good. What do you guys think about the spoiler with an ultra z hood or the sunoco on an LT1. Also, does anyone know if the 5" RKSPORT spoiler is what's on the Dick Harrel or is it another name brand? I've done a search and found some links to buy, but never a brand. Just trying to get some idea's I may not have thought about. No matter how you look at you'll never have something that someone else doesn't already, but I just don't want what everyone else is getting. I bought my TT2's because in the 23 years I've lived in Arkansas I've never seen a set on an F-body. Now that I've got them there are two T/A's in my town that have them.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Yea I kind of feel the same way about the SS hood but it does look good. What do you guys think about the spoiler with an ultra z hood or the sunoco on an LT1. Also, does anyone know if the 5" RKSPORT spoiler is what's on the Dick Harrel or is it another name brand? I've done a search and found some links to buy, but never a brand. Just trying to get some idea's I may not have thought about. No matter how you look at you'll never have something that someone else doesn't already, but I just don't want what everyone else is getting. I bought my TT2's because in the 23 years I've lived in Arkansas I've never seen a set on an F-body. Now that I've got them there are two T/A's in my town that have them.
god damn isnt that how it always works out haha!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
god damn isnt that how it always works out haha!
Yea, never fails. Does any one have an opinion on the ultra z or the sunoco for the lt1? I have done a search for both. The sunoco doesn't seem to follow the body lines, and the cowl is too steep from a side angle compared to the front bumper. To be honest I really can't find anything on the ultra z except for the LS1's. Is there a reason for that? I know SLP offers them on the LT1. I am kind of on the fence with the Ultra Z, but it does offer a ram air set up, and you know that's good for like 60 hp. Hahaha! My car is the factory teal and nobody really seems to have any pics of these cars with aftermarket.....anything really.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Yea, never fails. Does any one have an opinion on the ultra z or the sunoco for the lt1? I have done a search for both. The sunoco doesn't seem to follow the body lines, and the cowl is too steep from a side angle compared to the front bumper. To be honest I really can't find anything on the ultra z except for the LS1's. Is there a reason for that? I know SLP offers them on the LT1. I am kind of on the fence with the Ultra Z, but it does offer a ram air set up, and you know that's good for like 60 hp. Hahaha! My car is the factory teal and nobody really seems to have any pics of these cars with aftermarket.....anything really.
DAMN THAT SUCKS BIG TIME! AND I AM TOTALLY GUNNA STICK WITH MY STOCK HOOD I'M NOT REALLY TOO CONCERNED WITH LOOKS, INFACT I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TELL ME MY CAR DOESNT LOOK THE BEST, I ALWAYS ASK THEM HOW NICE IT LOOKS FROM BEHIND CAUSE I CANT EVER SEE THE BACK! HAHA SUCKAS!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

DAMN THAT SUCKS BIG TIME! AND I AM TOTALLY GUNNA STICK WITH MY STOCK HOOD I'M NOT REALLY TOO CONCERNED WITH LOOKS, INFACT I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TELL ME MY CAR DOESNT LOOK THE BEST, I ALWAYS ASK THEM HOW NICE IT LOOKS FROM BEHIND CAUSE I CANT EVER SEE THE BACK! HAHA SUCKAS!
Stock sucks
Old 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

well some of us are more for performance and flash and some just wanna be a stock looking sleeper. I myself wanna do a few appearance upgrades and make the car look different than a v6 camaro.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Stock sucks
Yea stock performance sucks, stock looks = sleeper! haha especially for an LT1

most people who know anything about F-bodies see an LT1 and just laugh especially if it looks stock and sounds stock, that will be there worst downfall.

my buddy has a 2000 SLP Firehawk one of like 800 and it looks like a friggin prize winning car its immaculate, but my friend knows where he stands when we both put our right foots to the floor he stands right behind me from the start all the way up to about 110-115 and he paid 24,000 for his car!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Banned

Yea stock performance sucks, stock looks = sleeper! haha especially for an LT1

most people who know anything about F-bodies see an LT1 and just laugh especially if it looks stock and sounds stock, that will be there worst downfall.

my buddy has a 2000 SLP Firehawk one of like 800 and it looks like a friggin prize winning car its immaculate, but my friend knows where he stands when we both put our right foots to the floor he stands right behind me from the start all the way up to about 110-115 and he paid 24,000 for his car!
That's because most people are ignorant and know jack about our cars
Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
well some of us are more for performance and flash and some just wanna be a stock looking sleeper. I myself wanna do a few appearance upgrades and make the car look different than a v6 camaro.
I was only joking..and yours does look different then a v6..it has z28 emblems and duel exhaust

Quick Reply: LT1 Dick Harrel???