LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

All Ignition Update Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Ignition Update Please Read!

On October 25, 2008, the business provided the following information:
Jack, I apologize for my late response; I’ve been out of town all week. I did have my eBay guys go through all our LT1 distributor listings to make sure everything is 100% correct and clear, please look them over to make sure that they are satisfactory, I included a link to them below. Regarding the PN issue, all the LT1 distributors that we carry do have the part # stamped into the housing and I am being told by our supplier that this is a GM/Delco Reference number and is not intended to directly indicate the manufacturer, but I will have to look into this more closely. I do greatly appreciate all the information you provided on our aftermarket optisparks, your input is highly valuable to us and clearly indicates that you are an experienced LT1 tech who knows his stuff about the distributor in question. We are in the process of changing to a Mitsubishi spec sensor for all our aftermarket optisparks, and also implementing a higher quality seal in hopes of providing an inexpensive option for the LT1 owners who are unable to afford the Delco Units. I would like you to pass this info onto your fellow forum members and also update your postings to tell the forum community that we stand behind our parts and are willing to work with anyone who gives us the opportunity. I absolutely agree with you about treating everyone individually, and I would like to extend our help to anyone who has a non-working unit purchased from All-Ignition. Please forward me a list of the others or pass our contact info onto them and let me know if there is anything else that we need to do before we proceed with your refund.
Thanks
Mike
All-Ignition

Ebay Links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MESE:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I have NOT accepted the offer yet for those of you who may be skeptical that I have some sort of deal worked out. What I can tell you is that I have been providing details to the discrepancies in the parts sold and the advertising for these units being sold. I have also been very firm in my requests with this company and I can tell you that they have literally done everything I have asked of them, which is a surprise to me. I have checked out the listings and they have COMPLETELY changed the listings so that they are clear as to what you are getting. This company offers thousands of other distributors for other makes and models and this is the ONLY distributor that they have EVER had any issues with. It seems that there is/was a problem from the manufacturer to the wholesaler, which in this case is All Ignition. They have spent alot of time and effort to correct any wrong doing on their behalf.It was their understanding that the unit was an accepatble OEM replacement. I have pointed out to them what to look for and what is different and enlightened them as to what the problem(s) are.
For those of you that I have talked with about this please contact them, they are willing to work it out. For those of you who may be thinking this is an opportune time to take advantage of a situation (this is on multiple forums I apologise as I do not know everyone personally) this is not the time to try. If you have your proof of purchase and the unit you should contact them.I will be contacting everyone that had pmed me about their info.
Thank you all for your support in this matter. Thank you to Mike at All Ignition for the time and effort you have put in to correct this situation.Honesty and integrity go a very long way with Fbody owners and communities.

Sincerely,

Jack
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this guy knew that they didnt have mitsubishi sensors in them and that they werent as good when i bought from them...he told me straight up over the phone and that was way before you posted anything like this....

DONT let them fool you man
Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jarretthise
this guy knew that they didnt have mitsubishi sensors in them and that they werent as good when i bought from them...he told me straight up over the phone and that was way before you posted anything like this....

seems like hes trying to correct that.....
Old 10-27-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by I_Need_Land
seems like hes trying to correct that.....
yes he is trying to correct that but if you read, it clearly says that the owner said he didnt know and was thankful for his help.....he knew and continued to screw ppl over and just never thought anyone would take it to this extreme....thats what it is!! and yes im happy is trying to correct it NOW after the fact of the matter he screwed over many many many ppl!! he had to of known it was not that great of a part if it was being sold for what 150?? read it again and then tell me if you still think he was legit
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

What are some clear indications that the opti isn't an AC/Delco? I bought an opti from a poster at another site. He claimed he bought it from someone else at the same site, but no longer had his car and thus no longer needed the opti. As far as I could tell, it looked identical to the AC/Delco I took off my car. And the car does run, but it's on blocks and hasn't been driven since the replacement. I guess I should also mention that I bought it over a year ago, and the seller claimed to have had it for a couple of years. The only reason I'm asking is because he no longer had the original packaging, but I knew that going in. The part number was stamped into the casing, so I figured it was legit.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BTC
What are some clear indications that the opti isn't an AC/Delco? I bought an opti from a poster at another site. He claimed he bought it from someone else at the same site, but no longer had his car and thus no longer needed the opti. As far as I could tell, it looked identical to the AC/Delco I took off my car. And the car does run, but it's on blocks and hasn't been driven since the replacement. I guess I should also mention that I bought it over a year ago, and the seller claimed to have had it for a couple of years. The only reason I'm asking is because he no longer had the original packaging, but I knew that going in. The part number was stamped into the casing, so I figured it was legit.
man you never buy used parts.....exactly for this reason.....well used parts as vital as your opti that is...used opti=not trustable
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by jarretthise
man you never buy used parts.....exactly for this reason.....well used parts as vital as your opti that is...used opti=not trustable
The opti was new, and looked just like the Delco unit it replaced. I was just curious as to what some visual cues might be that it was an All Ignition unit. I know some of those units came with a black cap.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

An original Delco unit has a removeable rear drive. The Opti in question is a one piece. Also the sensor is a non mitsubishi sensor. There are many other small indicators but you would have to know what you are looking at.

I don't know how closely you have been following myposts on this. I have been quite vigorous in my attempts to right a wrong. I am NOT sticking up for them in any way. I do give credit to them for making the changes on their business pages and for taking the time to investigate the problems that I addressed.If you have your unit and POP conatct him and he will work with you on it. IDK who you spoke with on the phone, but this is the main guy here that I am dealing with and he has been straight from the hip with me as I have been with him. I like to think that I have a credible reputation on the boards, I post more on some then I do on others and I made him very aware that I would not jeopardise that at any cost.
I don't know what more I could ask of them, I would like suggestions if you feel that there are any more concerns that need to be addressed.

Jack
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Well, the 93-94 opti I bought did have a removable, indexed drive gear. The cap was also somewhat translucent. I've heard the imitation optis have an opaque cap.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I bought one from all Ignition. It died 9 months later. I tried to contact them since they had a lifetime warranty. Guess what? They never called back. OEM for me!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The cap color varies. The Delphi units are a bit translucent. From what I have gathered Delphi now makes the Delco opti's.

halucinator it might be worth your while to contact them now.

Quick Reply: All Ignition Update Please Read!