Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

F*cking wiring nightmere

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*cking wiring nightmere

When i bought my car back in april, a wire to the amp kept catching on fire, my cutout wiring caught on fire, my radeo shuts on and off at will, wont start untill i hit the battery sometimes, my windows wont role up at random times, ABS/TCS shut off after any bump voltage bounces everywere......you get the picture.

I pulled out ~60ft of wire going? and doing? pulling all that wire fixed the fire problems, my battry tested bad, i got a brand new one and that didnt fix the prob.

Anytime something stops working it seems to be when the car is warm only, and when i drive over a bump. I cant find any bare wire anywhere that could be causing shorts?

Advise?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check all your actual battery harness connections. Mine was in bad shape so when I did my H/C install I put in a new one.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Ok, also something that im sure is related, in the morning and only when its cold my subs will sound fine and everything is all cool, then about 4-5 mins when it finally starts to warm the subs go nuts, like one of the wires is rubbing on something and anytime i hit a bump in the road it sounds like they hit.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Most likely a bad ground somewhere. My old did that, just a little. I never found the source.