LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Help No power!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help No power!!

The past couple days my interior has no power. the heat, dashboard, radio, heads up display, power locks have lost power. It comes and goes drove for 30 mins without it then 3 hours later got back in and everything was fine. then this morning got in the car and the same thing happend. I was driving and then it turned back on out of no where. Any ideas??
Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Clean the secondary ground wire that comes off the neg terminal that goes to the front rad support. thats the ONLY connection from the body to the battery for a ground. Since the main ground connects to the engine block, and has no other small ground wire going to the body, i took and made another ground wire that goes from the alternator bracket to the strut tower. Even my windows go up and down faster now!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06detroitgxp
The past couple days my interior has no power. the heat, dashboard, radio, heads up display, power locks have lost power. It comes and goes drove for 30 mins without it then 3 hours later got back in and everything was fine. then this morning got in the car and the same thing happend. I was driving and then it turned back on out of no where. Any ideas??
I had the SAME thing happen to me about a year ago i posted about it but no one had any idea its only happened to me once. As far as his post about the ground i upgraded the wiring of all mine commonly reffered to as the Big 3 sence i run large subwoofers and maybe thats why i havn't had a problem sence.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BADDLS1SS
Clean the secondary ground wire that comes off the neg terminal that goes to the front rad support. thats the ONLY connection from the body to the battery for a ground. Since the main ground connects to the engine block, and has no other small ground wire going to the body, i took and made another ground wire that goes from the alternator bracket to the strut tower. Even my windows go up and down faster now!
where is this wire located? and is it easy to get to? Its starting to get cold here def need my heat to work and driving with no radio sucks ***.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where is this wire located? and is it easy to get to? Its starting to get cold here def need my heat to work and driving with no radio sucks ***.
As mentioned in my post lol Its right near the battery on the pass side of the car and hasa single 10 mm screw holding it to the radiator support. Its the second ground wire that comes off the negative terminal and is about 6" long.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

found it thanks lol. I will try that hopefully it works
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

found it thanks lol. I will try that hopefully it works
Be sure to scuff where it seats, down to bare metal and clean the terminal end.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Could also be the BCM. A few weeks ago I was fighting a BCM issue related to the door locks, and once after I re-installed the BCM under he dash I didn't get one of the 3 connectors plugged in all of the way, my locks didn't work, the radio wouldn't play sound, although the display stayed on constantly, and a few other odd things... it was weird. I found the loose connection, pushed it in all of the way and it works no problem now.

The ground idea sounds like a more plausible explanation, but I thought I'd share this just in case...
Old 10-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Staging Lane

I cleaned the ground also made sure all the fuses were all the way in and it hasnt happend since. I hope it stays good it's about to be freezing out and I park outside need the heat and defrost to be on point.