Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

A few cam and valve spring questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few cam and valve spring questions

I know you guys have answered these same questions a thousand times but I couldn't find exactly what I needed in a forum search.

What are the lift limits of the factory LS1 valve springs? I tried to find specs for them online but didn't.

Someone around here has a cheap LS1 Hot Cam for sale, which is a .525/.525 lift and 112 lsa. Is that too big for the factory valve springs?

If I didn't have to change the springs the Hot Cam would be cool. But if I've got change the springs then I am going to go with something bigger.

Is it even worth putting the Hot Cam in or should I just go with something bigger? Would I see any real results with this cam from a car with headers, y-pipe, and a lid? Would this cam be noticeable at idle?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock LS2 cam (which is the Forum you are in) has lifts of 0.525", so the Hot Cam would work with LS2 heads. Someone in LS1 can tell you about it, or just check out the Cam Guide sticky https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/327734-cam-guide.html in LS1.