Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Project ''FKAFORD''

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Project ''FKAFORD''

here's some photos of my latest project aka ''FKAFORD'' its an '87 GTA trans am
(yes i know, why do it to a gta)so far the car's been stripped, engine's removed and off to the machine shop, seats and carpet've been burned, and all a/c-heater accessories have be removed. up and coming w/ in the next few weeks......rhino truck bed liner under the hood, roll cage, tubbed, int., and firewall. i'll keep pics posted as things progress

all comments and suggestions are welcome.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks to me like you found a way to make a $50 car even worse.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

my buddy has i think a 87 GTA for sale with a low mileage LS1 and T56 for sale...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

i would've loved to keep this one close to original but it was already fk'd up when i got it so, hell its time to flip the script. i got the car for a good deal from a buddy of mine(basically did some trading) so i figured why the hell now drop a hot power train off in it and have some fun. being on the sideline's starting to get old FAST. i'll also be starting on my 87 camaro in a few weeks as well
Old 10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

87 all the way!! You got alot of work ahead of you but it will be worth it, make sure not to put a piece of **** motor in it though. Build a large cube carb'd SBC, BBC, or a LSX style motor. For god sake do not build another one of these tpi 305s or 350s that only make 300hp and perpetuate the stereotype of 3rd gens being slow, make sure your faster than a bolt-on ls1 car please.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

i'll also be starting on my 87 camaro in a few weeks as well
trust me...starting 2 projects at once is not a good idea. Finish one first and you'll get both of them done sooner

On that note..I'd go with a built turbo lsx..6spd...9inch
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TS6
It looks to me like you found a way to make a $50 car even worse.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Launching!

should be badass when u get it done, i love GTA's, i think it will be a cool looking race car

GOOD LUCK!!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by capn smokey
87 all the way!! You got alot of work ahead of you but it will be worth it, make sure not to put a piece of **** motor in it though. Build a large cube carb'd SBC, BBC, or a LSX style motor. For god sake do not build another one of these tpi 305s or 350s that only make 300hp and perpetuate the stereotype of 3rd gens being slow, make sure your faster than a bolt-on ls1 car please.
300hp tpi lol never in a life time we're stroking the 305 in the camaro and putting it in my '99 sonoma for the hell of it. as for the trans am it'll be far more than a 300hp car. as it sits now its a 350 short block bored .040 over, dome top pistons and a 290/294 .660/.663(1.5:1) .704/.707(1.6:1) solid roller reed performace cam. DD2000 puts the motor w/ heads and all at about 684hp off n2o
Old 11-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J$Money
300hp tpi lol never in a life time we're stroking the 305 in the camaro and putting it in my '99 sonoma for the hell of it. as for the trans am it'll be far more than a 300hp car. as it sits now its a 350 short block bored .040 over, dome top pistons and a 290/294 .660/.663(1.5:1) .704/.707(1.6:1) solid roller reed performace cam. DD2000 puts the motor w/ heads and all at about 684hp off n2o
Must be alot of compression, your def on the right track.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Must be alot of compression, your def on the right track.
yea the compression will most definitely be some what up there between 11:1-13:1 we dunno just yet. its really gonna depend on how much we're gonna want the car to wake up on n2o. i personally picked to be around 12.5:1 w/ aluminum heads because that leaves me a nice ball park to play ball in as far as gas/fuel mixtures and timing are concerned. most likely going to run the car on strictly air plane gas w/ running n/a and have a separate fuel cell for the n2o that's filled w/ 110+ octane.

my slickest trick up me sleeve is my traction aid. we're keeping the windshield wipers(bad motor) and the fluid reservoir will be filled w/ track bite. the like squirter things are being replaced under the car aiming toward the tires, to insure i ALWAYS have well prepped launch on the street lol
Old 11-02-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

anyone got any ideas on what i can do as far as some kinda console type peice is concerned to kinda cover up my ebrake?
Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned

yea the compression will most definitely be some what up there between 11:1-13:1 we dunno just yet. its really gonna depend on how much we're gonna want the car to wake up on n2o. i personally picked to be around 12.5:1 w/ aluminum heads because that leaves me a nice ball park to play ball in as far as gas/fuel mixtures and timing are concerned. most likely going to run the car on strictly air plane gas w/ running n/a and have a separate fuel cell for the n2o that's filled w/ 110+ octane.

my slickest trick up me sleeve is my traction aid. we're keeping the windshield wipers(bad motor) and the fluid reservoir will be filled w/ track bite. the like squirter things are being replaced under the car aiming toward the tires, to insure i ALWAYS have well prepped launch on the street lol
Make sure to mix the right amount of oil or additive with the av fuel, it will dry your seals out and rust **** if you dont watch out.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Dear Lord, where to begin...

First off, av gas is formulated to burn at high altitude, which your car doesn't operate at. Its not a good race fuel and only morons from the 70's think it is. Its up there with the retards who think their 9.0:1 350 runs better on race fuel.

Secondly, your traction enhancement plan won't work. I'm not sure if you've ever actually seen track bite, but it will gum up the wiper fluid motor in about 2 seconds. It will also clog the "like squirter" things, which we normally call nozzles.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TS6
Dear Lord, where to begin...

First off, av gas is formulated to burn at high altitude, which your car doesn't operate at. Its not a good race fuel and only morons from the 70's think it is. Its up there with the retards who think their 9.0:1 350 runs better on race fuel.

Secondly, your traction enhancement plan won't work. I'm not sure if you've ever actually seen track bite, but it will gum up the wiper fluid motor in about 2 seconds. It will also clog the "like squirter" things, which we normally call nozzles.
I think av fuel can be made to work but it sure as hell wont straight out of the barrel, Ive seen it done but im not sure what was mixed with it. And the track bite idea has been done before but you cant leave the nozzles on, its worth a try. Building a car yourself is all about having fun and trying to do something that other people havent done or just dont do. If it comes together and wroks then hell yeah, but if it doesnt then you just learned one more way to make things not work. Good luck bro and please dont let us 3rd gen drivers down, we need all the help we can get to ditch our stereotype. Heres some motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYazpBfpOco
My motor swap will be done soon and I might have to come find you The third gen will take its rightful place on the throne once again.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have personally seen someone with the squirters your talking about filled with VHT and it does work...im not sure on the specifics of his system, but it can be done
Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and its on a fox body street car that runs 8.90's
Old 11-02-2008, 03:16 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtz
i have personally seen someone with the squirters your talking about filled with VHT and it does work...im not sure on the specifics of his system, but it can be done

It can be done, hell I have one. But its not going to work with the WW pump or nozzles. You might wanna look a little closer at the one you saw.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

I think av fuel can be made to work but it sure as hell wont straight out of the barrel, Ive seen it done but im not sure what was mixed with it. And the track bite idea has been done before but you cant leave the nozzles on, its worth a try. Building a car yourself is all about having fun and trying to do something that other people havent done or just dont do. If it comes together and wroks then hell yeah, but if it doesnt then you just learned one more way to make things not work. Good luck bro and please dont let us 3rd gen drivers down, we need all the help we can get to ditch our stereotype. Heres some motivation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYazpBfpOco
My motor swap will be done soon and I might have to come find you The third gen will take its rightful place on the throne once again.
lol i love that vid. yea the t/a should most def be fun, alotta people are doubting my ability to complete it because i'm doing ALL of the work myself(all of the machine work, wiring, tubbing, etc) with the help of a few buds and me only being 19 so i'm dying and itching to break some hearts and most def some old fashion egos.

btw TS6 if u dont mind, would u shoot me some info on how you got yours to work w/o clogging up. what pump, nozzles, etc...it'd be greatly appreciated
Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

You can't use a pump, it'll gum up, so I use a garden sprayer (small one) and have 2 nozzles (plastic, came with the sprayer). The nozzles unscrew so you can clean them easily. No matter what you're gonna have to disassemble the system and clean it, VHT is some nasty ****. My whole system cost me about $25 or less, so if it gets bad I can always just replace it.