Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear End Swap Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear End Swap Assistance

look people...right now I'm kinda pissed off...before doing the swap, my rear end suspension was working fine and without any noises, well...just the control arm bushings. I did the swap last thursday to a 2002 WS6 rear end with 3.42s. The thing is that everything is on its place, the only thing I did was the swap, control arm bushings replacement using polyurethane bushings, and installed new brake lines for the LS1 brakes as well as the e-brake cables, and after doing all that, suspension noises started. First, I figured out that the outside of the poly bushings didn't had enough lube, so lube them again, but this time with a lot of lube and the typical unlubed poly bushing sound is off, then I noticed that my car didn't had any bump stop rubber left, so... installed them today...and part of those noises were shut off...but still I have some metal part banging with another one, and that noise can be heard thanks to roads vibrations, especially thanks to road bumps... and sometimes, it feels that something is loose where the noise comes from, but I've checked EVERYTHING and all is fine, perfectly bolted. My shocks were working perfectly before the swap too.

The only noise that my car had before the swap was because of the control arm bushings, and because of the bump stops which I didn't had. but I didn't had the noise I 'm hearing. it's like a hard knocking what can be heard.

Can someone help me figure that out, because right now I'm ****ing up my mind, just thinking what can be making that?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have a friend bounce the car up and down while u try and find the noise......also look for any signs of wear marks from something hitting

possible sway bar is hitting a shock......?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your exhaust too. Sometimes things get shifted and that bangs. And I know you said you checked, but triple check your phb bolts and lca bolts. They need to be torqued a lot or they will rattle.