Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0122 help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0122 help

Ok here's the story, i have a ls1 in a GD cobra kitcar running stock pcm and im having some over fueling issues ( which i might have sorted) but also some idle problems, i have removed the PCV valve which helped alot but im still getting p0122 throttle pedal position sensor/switch a circuit low input.

while i was modifying the wiring loom i removed EVAP and all the wires that i do not need and accidentally pulled the 5v reference wire a little so it wasn't in the connector properly, so i put it back in and it now seems to work ( i can tell becuase im getting a TP reading on my auto logic scanner ) but im still getting the code, i have read that you need to reset the TPS to zero but i have a cutoff switch on the car so all power gets cut to the pcm at night ( doing this should reset it right?) also the wiring loom had a connector with some TPS wires in it i dont know what these are for ? but the 5v reference t-s into it and has the same colour wires that go to the TPS.

Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

just wondering why are you cutting power to the pcm every night? your probably making things harder on yourself with the computer having to relearn fuel trims and such. I know whenever my battery is out of mycar for a couple days my car starts and runs like **** until it relearns.

also resetting the tps basically means re adjusting it so it reads the corect value 0% when the throttle is closed. Ive never done it though so there may be more to it.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

its a simple cartek cutoff switch used for when im on the track in case of a electrical fault, i can press the button and cut all power from the battery, if you do not press the button when the car isnt being used then it slowly drains the battery, i have now decided to leave it on and just use a trickle charger, i will measure the voltage and see whats what! thanks

Quick Reply: p0122 help