Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Where to relocate fuse boxes

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Where to relocate fuse boxes

I'm going to be running a FMIC from EPP and it looks like the plumbing runs right up through where the fuse boxes are located. Where are you guys relocating them to?

Thanks

Drew
Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just push the fuse boxes towards the drivers side. you will have to slide the headlight control (small rectangle that attaches to the forward most fuse box on the passenger side) and move it to the side. i had to bend a bracket to get it all to fit.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine completely re-wired my car (wired in the BS3 along with everything else) So i had the novelty of saying "I don't want anything in the engine bay"

So...now all the wires are hidden under the hood and wrapped in black cloth tape so they just blend away. and all those ugly fuse box's and PCM are under my dash! Actually since so much was deleted from my car, he was able to put all the fuses i needed into 1 fuse box
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was able to trim the bottom of the fuse pannel to make my f/m work. Its not an epp though.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
A friend of mine completely re-wired my car (wired in the BS3 along with everything else) So i had the novelty of saying "I don't want anything in the engine bay"

So...now all the wires are hidden under the hood and wrapped in black cloth tape so they just blend away. and all those ugly fuse box's and PCM are under my dash! Actually since so much was deleted from my car, he was able to put all the fuses i needed into 1 fuse box
Can I get some pictures of this? I would love to re wire the entire engine bay. I was kicking around the idea of doing it anyways since the car is completely gutted right now anyways.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Can I get some pictures of this? I would love to re wire the entire engine bay. I was kicking around the idea of doing it anyways since the car is completely gutted right now anyways.

Thanks!

rewiring a car is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big of a pain in the *** to make it worth it. Once you do get the hundreds of wires ran your bound to have some electrical gremlin in the wires somewhere that will take you forever to find.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try to grab a picture next time i have a chance. The friend of mine who re-wired my car is crazy. he has rewired many others that i know cars and can hide everything to the best of his ability. (his day job is working at a nuclear powerplant and his hobby is cars) lol...

My car is more drag oriented so i did get rid of my pass. air bag and had to cut out the back of my glove box to mount the BS3 and stock PCM there.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
I'll try to grab a picture next time i have a chance. The friend of mine who re-wired my car is crazy. he has rewired many others that i know cars and can hide everything to the best of his ability. (his day job is working at a nuclear powerplant and his hobby is cars) lol...

My car is more drag oriented so i did get rid of my pass. air bag and had to cut out the back of my glove box to mount the BS3 and stock PCM there.
have you had chance to get any pics of youre relocation

Quick Reply: Where to relocate fuse boxes