Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

a GOT killed - LS3-M6-c6 vs boosted (14psi) 335

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a GOT killed - LS3-M6-c6 vs boosted (14psi) 335

Well, even a juiced 335 has no chance against a 6speed ls3/c6
Just played with a an 2008, he marched away real quick from 45 to 100. And that was even with the ^drivemod

He missed 3 rd twice and ran on the revlimiter once.

More details

I was a little short of time last night
I forgot about the expectations of this forum to have the intricate details included

1st run
from a light
Intersection was pretty rough (lots of cross traffic from trucks), so I got about a carlength when I was able to get power down a little quicker.

First and second stayed about the same - 1cl
We come up to the next light (which already has two cars waiting) and I give him a thumbs up. This is the last light for like 1 mile but the speedlimit is 40 and the two cars aren't going anywhere.

from a roll - im in 2nd (probably about 40) and I think he is too.
He jumps before honk 3 and gets about 1.5 cars - I quickly get to the top of second so it was not a good speed for me. He then misses 3rd and Im back close to the door.
We are coming up on the two cars anyway so theres not much more opportunity.

from a roll2 - I try 3rd (probably barely more than 3K rpm), and he marches up again. He misses 3rd again so its still pretty even. But as soon as hes in 3rd he pulling hard. And we are back on top of the two cars again.

from a roll3 - we get clear of the traffic and and go from about 45 I think (and Im still trying to find the right gear - should have brake boosted). He jumps a little early but closer than the other times. He pulls hard and probably puts at close to 2 cars before 100.

I think thats about the extent of it. From a dig I think I would have a shot bc he sucked trying to get the thing going.

I might be a little closer with a few more boltons.. but I only got 800$ in it now.. and I dont have too much problem to loosing to LS3s. Il find me a auto one and see if I have any better luck.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Not bad, what is the fastest those 335's have gone? I don't know about you, but down here in miami, I get tried by those things ALL THE TIME in the Z06. And when I decide to play, and trash them, I never get anything else besides some douchebag with sunglasses that are way to big for his face doing a ricer flyby.

Sweet car fo sho.... And I think I would probably take that TT335 motor over the wussy M3 v8.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Teching In

The tunes that were out prior to the summer were in the upper 11s at about 116. That is probably with racegas and about 16psi.
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-14401.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

Theres kind of a turfwar going on now. They are pushing the boundries with the latest tunes. Some are getting in the lower 400s for hp and almost that for torque.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182427 - Im not rich, I dont want to have to pay for the parts when the drivetrain or engine coughs up something.

Someone would be crazy to mess with even a stock 7liter z06. I bet that gives them a new point of reference when you just walk over them from about 60-120.

Take care
Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

I usually don't let off until 160mph!!!

But still, not bad at all really. High 11's is very great. Stock, there're in the mid 13's, right? Picking up a second and a half is awesome. What are they putting down in stock trim? 300rwhp? 290rwhp?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Yep, they tend to run about 13.6s at 105/106 mostly.

They are real consistent on dynos. Almost all tend to be in the 275/275 range and thats on 8.5psi. The hot tune now is the jb3 ( this is with catless downpipes - probably about 20+ - http://burgertuning.com/images/dyno3.jpg ) and it adds right about 80 for both hp/torque for 500$.. one of the most brain dead boltons you can get. They have a complete plug-n-play wiring harness for and extra 200. 1.5 hours and it gets ~30percent more hp..