Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem running two nozzles with different jets?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem running two nozzles with different jets?

Is there any problem associated with running two nozzles off of the same solenoid jetted differently?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No on our DP we definatly have a jet spread on the nitrous side to keep the back cyl happy.

make sure if there infront of the tb they are centered so you don't get an uneven distrabution.

BTW why would you do this?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
No on our DP we definatly have a jet spread on the nitrous side to keep the back cyl happy.

make sure if there infront of the tb they are centered so you don't get an uneven distrabution.

BTW why would you do this?
I had an extra nozzle and jets laying around (smaller jets than the one I have in my main nozzle) so I bought a couple T's and two more hoses and started using the second nozzle. Eventually I might change it into a two-stage kit, which kinda leads me to another question. With a two-stage kit, do I just T off the main feed line into the two solenoids? Some people had warned me about pressure drops and I wanted to make sure that all is kosher. Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

thats how it's done.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

so it's definitely ok to run the system with two nozzles with very different jets (one jetted for 75hp one jetted for 150hp)? i'm trying to diagnose why my system isn't working right and just wondering if that's part of the reason
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Seems like the larger I jet it the more inconsistent it gets. I'm going to temporarily switch back to the 75 shot with a single nozzle and see how that works. Then I'll try the 150 shot single nozzle. Maybe the problem really is with the two nozzles jetted so differently.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

you need to run both nozzles with the same jets in them....the flow will take the path of least resistance.....you are running a huge jet split with the single nozzle jetting. If you want to run a 200 shot ...put 100HP jetting in each nozzle.

A direct port running a different jet split is not an issue, as the jet splits are not as large.

What are the issues you are having.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
you need to run both nozzles with the same jets in them....the flow will take the path of least resistance.....you are running a huge jet split with the single nozzle jetting. If you want to run a 200 shot ...put 100HP jetting in each nozzle.

A direct port running a different jet split is not an issue, as the jet splits are not as large.

What are the issues you are having.
almost like a surging problem, I haven't been able to figure it out still. I've replaced everything in the system except the bottle. Is it even possible for a bottle to cause a surging problem? The system runs well when I run a single nozzle 75 shot, but it "breaks up" when I run larger shots. I pull 2 degrees timing per 50 degrees. When I try and run a 150 shot or 200 shot through the single nozzle it doesn't like it at all. The bigger the shot the less it takes it. Feels like surging in a way but I'm wondering if the nozzle I have just isn't designed to spray that much. I have one of the stainless NOS nozzles. I think it's time I just upgraded to a plate system. I've tested the solenoids and they don't click on and off or anything like that so I don't know what the hell could be going on.

Search this Thread