Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn drag bar install(pics) and ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Spohn drag bar install(pics) and ?

Took out my stock rear sway bar and have my new spohn anti roll drag bar in place. Haven't tightened anything yet as I have to take some measurements before I crank everything down and then next spring have the brackets welded to the frame and a couple tack welds to the u-bolts. Here's some pics of the old compared to the new.. Please see last pic for my question. Sorry for the big pics, forgot to resize when I uploaded to photobucket..

Old sway bar

old end links

NEW END LINKS

New bar

Here's my only concern, may have to turn my shocks around, looks like the bar could interfere with my adjustment **** on the shocks(QA1's).. Anyone running this setup? Please let me know if I should turn them around to avoid breaking the ***** off or blocking access to them.. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is that a stock rear????

i was having mine installed yesterday and i have a moser and the sway bar doesnt fit on my car, its laying right on the shocks

PAF(Tyson) has to call them to find out whats going on

-brandon
Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Turn the **** around, because that bar will brake it off. It happened to my buddys car.
As far as the shocks touching the swaybar, that needs to be fixed. The same thing was happening with my Strange double adjustables and , Moser 12 bolt with Spohn dragbar. The bar ended up grinding alittle into the shocks, and was causing the suspension to bind.
Madman sells these shock mounts that would move the shocks over a little bit, but we couldn't get them to work on my car because I have the double adjustable's from Strange, so there are two ***** on each shock. I will have to send them back to Madman.
We ended up fixing mine, by welding a thick washer onto the rear end, drilling into the rear end, and using that as a shock mount. I have a good amount of clearance now.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

i run the same bar i love it works very well. but i dont have the same shocks sorry
Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
is that a stock rear????

i was having mine installed yesterday and i have a moser and the sway bar doesnt fit on my car, its laying right on the shocks

PAF(Tyson) has to call them to find out whats going on

-brandon
Yep, Stock rear end..

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Turn the **** around, because that bar will brake it off. It happened to my buddys car.
As far as the shocks touching the swaybar, that needs to be fixed.
Thanks, I turned them around the other day when i finished the install.. I have about 1 1/2 inches of clearance now.. Drove the car to the shop yesterday to have a 8 point put in, man I could sure feel the diff that bar made !! Now the long wait for spring to hit the track again..
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 AM
10 Second Club

my buddies 9" from moser had a clearence issue with his drag bar as well as my buddy with his moser 12 bolt. my narrowed 9" had no clearence issues with my drag bar though. sometimes it just dont fit.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

the drag bar is good for the track but not the street, car will become tail happy want to break free because it's so stiff, i had one and took the advice of other members and sold ot and got the 1" one from spohn. my .02 $
Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by billyb
the drag bar is good for the track but not the street, car will become tail happy want to break free because it's so stiff, i had one and took the advice of other members and sold ot and got the 1" one from spohn. my .02 $
My car only see's a couple K a year on the street and mostly just cruisin around town.. Little tail happy doesn't bother me.. My end goal is a 9-10 second street car, I like the feel of a drag car vs a cornering car.. I'm just diff that way..

Last edited by OIF1VET; 11-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Spohn drag bar install(pics) and ?