Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick U-joint Question

Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick U-joint Question

what are the best u-joints to use with a stock rear and stock d/s?

the reason i ask is because unfortunately i noticed that one of my exhaust bandclamps had turned and cut a groove into my d/s i got a used stocker from ebay and im waiting for it to come in because i dont have the $400 for a 3.5". my car is pretty much stock except for an LS7 clutch and im putting kooks lt's in so i figure the stock d/s should be fine for now. i just want to to replace the u-joints since it is used and i hear u can get stronger ones from napa.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28M6TT
what are the best u-joints to use with a stock rear and stock d/s?

the reason i ask is because unfortunately i noticed that one of my exhaust bandclamps had turned and cut a groove into my d/s i got a used stocker from ebay and im waiting for it to come in because i dont have the $400 for a 3.5". my car is pretty much stock except for an LS7 clutch and im putting kooks lt's in so i figure the stock d/s should be fine for now. i just want to to replace the u-joints since it is used and i hear u can get stronger ones from napa.
Thanks in advance.
I like the Spicer no-maintenance joints. NAPA doesn't carry them. Really, whatever you get at NAPA is going to work fine though.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

my main problem is i cant find what kind of joints your supposed to use with a stock rear. they say to use 1350 if you have a 12 bolt, but my rear is a stock 10 bolt...

Search this Thread