Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mitsudishi Eclipse amp install help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mitsudishi Eclipse amp install help

Anyone know where I can run the power cable from the battery through the firewall into the vehicle? Ive installed quite a few systems in F-bodys, but have never done it in an eclipse. Its a 2000 GS. (DD) Anyway, I cant seem to find a spot to sneak the power wire in. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

I did one not too long ago. The only option I could find was a small spot on the passenger side footwell. Be very careful because there isn't much clear space and there are several brake lines you could hit with your bit if you are not careful.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take up the carpet, there should be a rubber grommet that has loom running thru it on one side or the other, use that. You can also look by the driver's kick plate there should be a firewall grommet there also.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Take up the carpet, there should be a rubber grommet that has loom running thru it on one side or the other, use that. You can also look by the driver's kick plate there should be a firewall grommet there also.
Believe it or not, this vehicle does NOT have one. I was told by a pro, that only American vehicles tend to have a grommet on them. Im still stuck.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle
Believe it or not, this vehicle does NOT have one. I was told by a pro, that only American vehicles tend to have a grommet on them. Im still stuck.

I never found one either which is why I had to drill.

Quick Reply: Mitsudishi Eclipse amp install help