Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Post Pics of your Installed panhard & torque arms

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Post Pics of your Installed panhard & torque arms

Hey guys,

i'm just looking into some more suspension stuff, and it would really help me if I could get a few pics from anyone, of a panhard bar or torque arm installed. I'd like to see where they go, what they look like installed, all that stuff. It would really help and be much appreciated.

Also could I get some suggestions for panhard bars? What's the benefit of an adjustable?

Thank you!

Last edited by 98 WS6; 11-05-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have any pics to post but I can tell you the importance of an adjustable panhard bar.

From the factory in most cases our rears are not perfectly aligned side to side with the car. If you plan on lowering or your car is lowered this causes the problem to increase. It is important to have the adjustable unit to be able to center the rear with the car.

Many companies sell adjustable panhard bars. Some of the best are UMI, BMR, and Spohn. You can check any of these companies out through the forums here since they are all sponsors.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had these already, not pics of the LCA but you can see them.
First stock on one car.
Then UMI on the other car, with relocation brackets, SFC's---suspension is hanging.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I posted a few pictures below... please take a look. We have a lot more on our site under each product.

We recommend a adjustable panhard bar when the vehicle is lowered or you plan on running a larger tire.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan

Non-Adjustable Panhard

Double Adjustable Panhard Bar

Transmission Mounted Torque Arm

Tunnel Mounted Torque Arm
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much that's exactly what I needed. Judging by the location of the bar, it looks like installation is as simple as taking out a couple of bolts and just bolting the bar in?
My car is lowered, so this would be great for me. one question though, if I get a double adjustable, what am I adjusting it to? I know you use it to center the rear, but how would I know if the rear was center? Does this move something or what?
Thanks UMI, and you guys!

Quick Reply: Post Pics of your Installed panhard & torque arms