Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air fuel guage installatin

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default air fuel guage installatin

i just got an autometer air fuel guage, and i was wonder what should i hook the violet wire up to? i know where too hook the other ones up

btw, i have an 01 camaro SS

thanks
jimmy
Old 09-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Default Re: air fuel guage installatin

Put a length of wire and run it to the pass side behind the dash. Take out pass side rocker panel. To the right, near the corner, up underneath the dash is a gromet that you can run the wire through by poking a small hole, this will lead up behind the computer. Tap into pin #69 Purple w/white stripe wire, which is HO2S Signal High Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is on the blue bank not the red, you'll have to look at them unconnected as I can't remember which one is blue. You can read the numbers without removing the gray plastic covers. Realize that you need to re-tourqe to the spec on the grey cover. If you go to tight you'll break the connector. Just buy one of those blue wire taps. Tap it. I've heard that there can be problems setting a code and SES light. I just traced the wire and tapped it at least 12" from the computer, per some advice I got. No ses code for me. Enjoy and realize that it will be a light show until you go WOT.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, just curious, why would this set off a check engine light, and why did you do it 12' from the computer

thanks for the help again
jimmy
Old 09-19-2003, 11:00 PM
Launching!

The post was on here about it. They all said that the bar type won't do it. Something about the autometer gauge loading the line or some crap like that. Over on "the other" site someone said that if it's at least 12" away, according to the autometer techs, that it will not be a factor. I was an electronic tech on a ground based radar in my previous life and this makes no sense. But, whatever, I did it like they said and I didn't set any codes. I'll try to find the original post for ya.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i did it 12' from the computer any way, plus it looks cleaner, i don't have any check engine lights, but i have found a problem. there is always 1 bar lit up, even when the car is off, and keys out of the ingnition. i tapped the "POWER ACC" fuse in the box, so i do not know why this is still on, any help with this problem??

thanks again
jimmy
Old 09-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Launching!

I tapped a pink wire at the base of the steering column on the left side that goes into a little 2 wire plug connector. It looks like you tapped into a constant power. Every pink wire that I tapped with the multimeter was a switched source. Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

i actually ran the wire to the power acc relay though, the same as with my tach, so i dont think that that is the problem, bad guage maybe?

jimmy
Old 09-26-2003, 02:44 AM
Launching!

It's gotta be getting power in order to show a light.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Hi,does anyoneknow the code that the it was giving because I tapped my autometer A/F monitor into the Drivers side 02 sensor and Im getting a P0102 code.I was just wondering if this is the reason and if I should hook into computor instead of the 02 sensor.Please let me know.By the way,P0102 is Mass or Volume air flow circuit low imput.Could the A/F monitor cause this or is my mass air flow sensor bad?Thanks
Old 08-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Can u just tap the o2 sensor directly. I have a 2003 ss truck I am trying to tap the gauge into.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Banned

You can tap the wire before the connector to the o2 Sensor that is what I did. I'm still not sure how accurate these gauges are though, they look pretty cool though.

CMC
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cballweg
Hi,does anyoneknow the code that the it was giving because I tapped my autometer A/F monitor into the Drivers side 02 sensor and Im getting a P0102 code.I was just wondering if this is the reason and if I should hook into computor instead of the 02 sensor.Please let me know.By the way,P0102 is Mass or Volume air flow circuit low imput.Could the A/F monitor cause this or is my mass air flow sensor bad?Thanks
P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

i could be wrong, but i dont think the 02 can cause that, there has to be something else wrong.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

I have this code also and im wonder if this is ture ^^^^^^^^^^