Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 build thread, here goes

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 build thread, here goes

So i just parked my 99 z28 for the winter , and shes just about torn down completely. Since im about ready to start buyin parts, what i wanted to know is what you guys think would be the best setup... im going for ***** to the wall as fast as i can make it. i have a DD so drivabillity is NOT an issue. Basically, im goin for a cam/heads/nitrous full bolt on car... this is what ive got so far

car is stripped inside
no AC, EGR, AIR
SLP lid, FTRA smooth bellows, ported TB, Fast 90/90, pacesetter LTs, stall best matched to whatever cam i choose, and 12 bolt moser maybe ford 9"...

looking for recommendations on cam, heads, and nitrous setup. ive done my research but i want to know whats worked best for people that have actually done it.

might have forgotten some stuff... will add in everything else as i go

thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would recommend taking a look at our stg 2.5 5.3l heads and cam package. We have some very consistent results coming from that package. Pair the heads with our MS3 camshaft and it should be a great max effort nitrous setup. The 62cc chambers will give you a bump in compression which will help with torque and the nitrous. The 220cc intake runners will help with low end power and throttle response. I have this package on my car and I am a big fan of it. Good luck with your build and if you have any questions feel free to PM me or give us a call at the shop!

John
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All depends on our budget. You can go from Patriots to All Pro and anything in between depending on your budget.
So decide how much you want to spend, then have a custom cam ground based on your setup. It's no more expensive than an off the shelf cam. Thats the best way to achieve what you want. Goal, budget then shop...LOL

For example if your looking for AFR 205's which are a great head for the 346 I have them on sale right now. But they are a little more money than say a TSP package using their PRC heads. The cams and spring packages are about the same price it really comes down to how much you want to spend on heads. Either a cnc'ed oem head or an aftermarket head. I also have a deal on WCCH Edelbrock heads as well.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

hmm yeah budget isnt a HUGE issue it just depends on how long i want to take to build it lol.. the more i spend the longer its gonna take
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, thats always the case

I can help you out, and you've got the NW crew up here as well to bounce things off of. For around $2900 I can put together a head cam package with AFR 205's and a custom ground cam or you can look at the TSP package for $1689 so you really need to decide how much you want to spend..LOL

Or you can go with a TFS package and spend about $800 more so.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

whats the TFS package? i have a place grinding my cam to whatever i want so im not worried about the price on that one i just need to know more of what combos work best so i can order the heads and get it ground... thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

anybody
?