Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

hesitation/Chugging. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation/Chugging. Help!

hey guys new here to ls1 tech, but not really new to F-bodys. anyway i have a 96 3.8L 5 speed firebird. and for the past few months every once in a while when i would start my car it would die unless i would give it gas. i didnt really think anything of it. But recently while i have been driving it starts to hesitate or chug really badly, seems to happen after the car has running for a little bit at operating temp. it can happen any time i press on the gas whether its full throttle or light throttle, just replaced the fuel filter and had plugs and wires done a few months ago, im thinkin it might be a throttle position sensor but i would like your guys input first. any ideas???
Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check that, maybe a bad CAT. No codes being thrown?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Teching In

no codes are being thrown, i replaced the cat when i got my exhaust done 1 1/2-2 years ago, would the cat go bad that fast?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Teching In

okay today when i was driving around a code did show up. went and got it checked it was p0102, so i did a search on here, got some information. took my intake off air filter was pretty dirty gonna replace that tomorrow, and also there was some crap built up on the MAF screen. gonna try those be4 i go further, does that screen just pop into and out of place? like very carefully with a screwdriver? or is there another way to do it

Quick Reply: hesitation/Chugging. Help!