Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need excellent Aluminum welder in CT

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need excellent Aluminum welder in CT

We'll It's been awhile since i've gotten the energy to work on my car. Over a year and a half ago I just got my new LS2 402 together and in my TransAm and while starting tuning I realized the engine block starter outer bolt hole cracked right down the middle. I tried some JB weld etc for the hell of it as I didnt have the desire to pull the motor again after just getting it in but it didn't hold ,I had a welder come over and look at it but he had said he couldnt do it in the car that i'd need to pull it. So needless to say I just decided last week to finish this after so long. At this point I need to bring the block to a very good aluminum welding shop. I assume TIG is the preferred method of repair for the cast aluminum block. I know this has happened to others with this LS2 block and even people with earlier ls motors, and I've read that people have welded theirs with no problems so I hope all will go as planned. Any recommended welders ? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ron H.
p.s. Does anyone know if GM ever designed a bracket for behind the starter to help support it ? If not I'll have to fab something up for extra support after this is repaired. Also I'm located in West Haven so anything near there would be preferred, but I could travel if needed.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

exstreme fab in north haven CT. Talk to Bruce, tell him that Jason Lambert sent you, he'll take care of ya.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
exstreme fab in north haven CT. Talk to Bruce, tell him that Jason Lambert sent you, he'll take care of ya.

Ok great, Ill try him thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26
Ok great, Ill try him thanks
He does excellent work, I've met him a few times a real nice guy and I have seen his work!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If this welder has a problem(which he shouldn't) I have a guy here that has repaired a few blocks for me.Will take him 5-10 minutes to fix.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

He tig's alum fuel cell's together from scratch, builds full 25.1 race cars, headers from scratch, he knows what he's doing.