Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dope style with a ram air twist Trans cooler

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dope style with a ram air twist Trans cooler

Ok guys, After installing my APS kit and getting screwed by (Be Cool) on a bum rad and having tranny fluid and antifreeze destroying my tranny and all my coolant hoses ,I opted for the dope style tranny mount with a barnat ram air twist LOL Im not sure if im the first to do this or not but after drilling 4 holes in the ends of my air dam to support the B&M tranny coolers, I cut the box off off the backes of the corner air dams and flipped them upside down and mounted them on the opposite side so the luvers face down and will grab air to force threw the tranny coolers.Im probably going to use the box that was cut off of the corner air dams to box in the tranny cooler to make it even more better, thus keeping the air from going out the sides!Here's a few pics of what it looks like and I also used braided lines so for ease in replacing the starter.The steel lines are no longer in the way

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...rans%20cooler/

This is the passanger side air dam that i removed the back piece off of the back and flipped over and has now became the drivers side air dam with the lovers facing down to grab more air for the tranny cooler.I used the removed piece to box in the end to keep the air flowing up verses out the side.I may exstend this piece up higher yet!
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...er/air%20damb/
PS,This corner air dam when modified and flipped over just so happens to FITS PERFECTLY over the front air dam with no modifications and also when installed throws air out the back towards the front roters which is a plus and just worked out like that !

Last edited by barnat; 11-14-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks cool but i dont think that will cool enough in the summer beating around town. It might work on the highway.

Alex
Old 11-15-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Looks cool but i dont think that will cool enough in the summer beating around town. It might work on the highway.

Alex
Well,From what B&M says these bar type coolers are made to place where airflow is very restrictive and being theres two inline, im guessing they should be fine and most of the high heat is when your really on the tranny at high way speeds anyways !~My buddys running ((one)) of these on his 408 Incon TTand his tranny is at 160 to 170 all day long ,so i over killed with mine but liked the idea!
PS,Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!Burn out too my man!! LOL!!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never seen mine over 160 degrees with this setup. i have a summit deep trans pan too.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 AM
9 Second Club

its not to bad looks good
Old 11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me more about this --> . I want to know everything!

Quick Reply: Dope style with a ram air twist Trans cooler