Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed Spohn drag bar...Preloaded, I guess?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Spohn drag bar...Preloaded, I guess?

Installed the spohn drag bar today. It says for preloading to adjust the linkage for a 1/16" less ride height on rear of drivers side door than passengers side door with myself in the car while the fronts barely jacked up off the ground. I followed the steps and I already had this clearance. No adjusting or preloading was needed. Earlier in the installation steps tho, when finally tightening the u-bolts, the impact was grunting pretty good during this final tightening. The only thing I can think of is that by chance the adjustment I needed was already achieved before even trying to adjust. Odd. And BTW, the *** end seems real stiff. I'm guessing thats the preload I ended up with. I've never had the luck to install a adjustable part that the adjustment was by chance right where it needed to be... Any thoughts on this or am I missing something?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi when i did mine a while back the same thing, i though i did /forget something, but i've since sold it to stiff for the street ,slide to much/tail happy strip ok. my$.02