Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From KY

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From KY

Hi my name is Tony and I'm from Ky. I have stumbled on to your site while I was researching my next vehicle purchase. I'm looking for a T/A. I want to find one around $5-6k that would be the best candidate for weekend drag racing and cruising. I would like to find out what models are the lightest and have the best equipment to accomplish this goal. I have been a weekend drag racer for many years and I have always been a fan of the Ls1 cars. So I have decided to purchase one but I want to learn as much as I can about them so I can start with a good foundation. So any wisdom that you guys and gals can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Tony
Old 11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.This site has a lot of good info.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site!! An LS1 car would be an awesome purchase for your next purchase as many on here would agree. I don't know if you will be able to find one in that price range but you never know. Keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds and one might just pop up. What part of KY are you from? I hope you find a car. Also you might want to join kyfbodies.org if you haven't already.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Teching In

I'm in southeastern KY about 80mi south of Lexington. I have found a few in the price range I want but I don't want to jump on the first thing I see I've made that mistake before.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome man... so looks like you own a dsm right now??? you will love owning a ls1, let us know when you find the one!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
welcome man... so looks like you own a dsm right now??? you will love owning a ls1, let us know when you find the one!!
Not anymore I had a 1g awd eclipse for a while but I've always been a V8 guy.Don't get me wrong they are a fun little car and the one I had ran pretty good for a stock turbo with only a boost controller and a downpipe (13.26@101mph 1.74 60ft) But their is nothing like the torque of a V8
Old 11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

hey welcome to ls1tech tons and tons of great info on here. I'm in louisville but you also might want to check out kyhorsepower.com as the regional section for ky on here isn't so lively. I hope that wasn't against any rules to post that but if it was I meant no harm. Read up and you will find what you are looking for in no time on here.