Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Great work done by Khaotic (John)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great work done by Khaotic (John)

Well last Saturday a member from the GTO forum came down to purchase my Magnacharger and have me swap it over onto his car. We were going to be in need of a slight tune (to at least change the other GTO guy's injector slope for the bigger injectors) and Khaotic got ahold of me and offered his assistance.

John (Khaotic) made the haul from Manassas, VA to where we were doing the work in Southern MD last Saturday. When John arrived we had gotten to a later start on the swap than expected and he hung around and did what he could in the meantime looking at the tables to see what each of our GTO's already had.

While John was hanging around myself and the other GTO owner ran into a mishap on the installation, which John helped diagnose when the engine was shooting flames out the intake ports of the heads haha. John pointed out the problem and patiently waited around for us to get everything fixed and buttoned back up so he could make sure that the other GTO owner was able to safely drive his car back up to NY that night.

After probably 6+ hours had passed by since John showed up we got the car running correctly so John could hop inside the car with the engine running and work his tuning magic. John didn't have all of his usual dyno tuning equipment as he brought what he could over to my house to do the work in the driveway. He played with the car for several minutes and got everything setup where the newly-blown GTO could make a safe trek back to New York.

John was extremely patient, helpful, and very knowledgeable. We can't thank him enough for his dedication to making sure this guy was able to make it home safely. After John left and we got some other cosmetics and electrical things stitched back together we took the car out for a test drive and it drove great! Better than the dyno tune that the other GTO owner previously had on the car! And that's without John even being able to do any full throttle runs or anything on the car. It was great!! The GTO made an uneventful 6 hour trip back home and everything turned out great.

John's company does a huge line of performance work so be sure to check him out and I'm sure he will take just as great of care with you as he did with us. Thanks again John!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 PM
12 Second Club

John is like that with everyone's car. Very patient, very diligent, very professional. My cam and stall TA drives like stock and still gets about 24 mpg after John's tune. With the cutout closed, my wife didn't know I had something done just that if felt fast!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard nothing but good things of his shop.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John's work is outstanding. He tuned my car for a solid six hours one Saturday both on the dyno and street. No stone was left unturned and he tuned 'til he was sure he couldn't get anymore out of it. He even bought me lunch while we were out street tuning. Great service for a fair price. Can't beat that...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Default Thanks

Thanks guys, Im glad I could help cannt wait till summer already to go racing, the car is under the knife will keep you updated on results.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

khaotic, where do you tune out of specifically?
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nikon1999
khaotic, where do you tune out of specifically?
He's off Vint Hill Road in between Gainesville and Warrenton, Virginia.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by khaotic
Thanks guys, Im glad I could help cannt wait till summer already to go racing, the car is under the knife will keep you updated on results.
Based on some of the great reviews I've heard recenty, I recommended you to a guy named Mick with a maggied cts-v in North VA. Hopefully you can help him out.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Launching!

john does great work and he talked to you about what hes doing and what is going on with what ever it may be he is tuning. i highly recommend him to work on you car.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no other person I trust to work on my Hawk but John!
Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
There is no other person I trust to work on my SS but John!
fixed. big thumbs up for john on my behalf also. he has more than a couple hours into my car and so far everything is much better than it was when i first went to him. i recommend him to anyone that asks.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
fixed. big thumbs up for john on my behalf also. he has more than a couple hours into my car and so far everything is much better than it was when i first went to him. i recommend him to anyone that asks.

Time to update that slow time in your sig Eric!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car is there at Johns shop now ill post more of my review as time passes. so far i have nothing but Very good things to say about my experience with him. very communicative, also takes his time and doesnt rush to get the car out (it also helps i gave him all the time he needs with the car as i am never in a rush for quality work).

Needed my catted Y-pipe installed and welded up, electric cutout wired up, tune, and to have 325 MT Drag radials fitted for the rear of the car. He worked through his own thanksgiving and throughout black friday to do the exhaust stuff and the tune.... still has been tinkering with the the tune all weekend and up til now to my knowledge. we came to the conclusion its time for me to get some new injectors. john said at 5600 they are at about 70% which is ok but at 6500 they are pushing 90%. since i shift at 6800-7000 we decided its best to be on the safe side and get 36lb FAST injectors, and then im sure he will go back in and tinker around some more.

im still waiting for an opportunity to order the tires and get them sent to him so that he may start on doing what he can to clearance the wheel wells to fit the meat. after that is done ill be picking up the car and posting the rest of my experience for everyone to see.

Last edited by Raven02TA; 12-02-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 PM
FormerVendor

I met John about two and a half years ago. I meet a lot of people, but a lot of people don't stand out. He is very hard working and very committed and a genuine good guy.

These are some pics of a car that he put together that I'd love to get my hands on...

Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

so, here's an update. the car is still at Khaotic, not for john not doing any work mind you... we are waiting on parts... the FAST iinjectors were back ordered for at least a few more weeks and we decided to order up some bosch 36's instead.

The tires just shipped yesterday. so it shouldnt be much longer before i get the car back. cant wait.....

Frost, Who's car is that? im familiar with most of the RPM cars but havent seen that one? specs?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
so, here's an update. the car is still at Khaotic, not for john not doing any work mind you... we are waiting on parts... the FAST iinjectors were back ordered for at least a few more weeks and we decided to order up some bosch 36's instead.

The tires just shipped yesterday. so it shouldnt be much longer before i get the car back. cant wait.....

Frost, Who's car is that? im familiar with most of the RPM cars but havent seen that one? specs?
Hey Raven, that is a car I built from the ground up including the roll cage
engine build 402 built by Rapid then some head work done later.
Sphon suspension and Qa1 alot alot of work in that one. the list is huge tried to keep it looking stock.

Last edited by khaotic; 12-12-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
I met John about two and a half years ago. I meet a lot of people, but a lot of people don't stand out. He is very hard working and very committed and a genuine good guy.

These are some pics of a car that he put together that I'd love to get my hands on...

Steve thanks for the kinds words, and also have to say back at you, hopefully Ill make it down this coming season to see you guys race.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by khaotic
Hey Raven, that is a car I built from the ground up including the roll cage
engine build 402 built by Rapid then some head work done later.
Sphon suspension and Qa1 alot alot of work in that one. the list is huge tried to keep it looking stock.
ahh, very very nice.....
Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raven02TA

i saw you got your car back on another board. i'm curious how the tune cam out with the big cam and an auto. any updates?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by outkast6991
i saw you got your car back on another board. i'm curious how the tune cam out with the big cam and an auto. any updates?
your right i apologize i completely forgot about this thread. below is what i posted on another board along with a sound clip

"as most of you know im a very picky person when it comes to people tuning my car or doing remotely and sort of work to it. Im happy to say im glad i commissioned john to do the tune/exhaust/tires on my car. to start, i have never had a shop or person keep in close contact with me about my car or any of my own customers cars that i have built as much as john has. he always let me know the day the parts came in, kept in contact with me either by email or phone with updates on his pregress with the tune, or my exhaust or my tires etc, not to mention also a good guy just to shoot the sh*t with. the car has never felt better on the street for normal driving or WOT since i installed this motor set up.

i have had one or two hiccups here and there that will be ironed out after some driving time and then when john gets into the computer again. the car would almost NEVER want to idle on a cold start, and would almost always die if i came to a stop (so badly i had to stop the car with my left foot on the brake the right on the accel. to keep it running.... i dont have to do that any more.... john has it perfect. the idle hasnt come below 800 rpm on a stop or even after a cold start.

a few weeks from now john and i will get under the car and fine tune the suspension in the rear, we took a peek and found the rear has moved slighty to the driver side and the sway bar brackets attached to the rear have shifted toward the rear of the car.

now.... aside from that.... take it from me.... unless you dont plan to drive your car daily and you ABSOLUTELY have to get them..... dont buy solid motor mounts.... the vibration when driving and idling is crazy and would annoy most people because you feel like your car is going to fall to pieces.....

hope this hepls anyone who is looking for a good tuner/shop"

Sorry its a bit blurry.... new camera still figuring it out. anyway heres a sound clip with the new headers and y finally installed.

Khaotic tune, TREX Cam, Stage 2.5 Heads, TSP 1 7/8" headers, startup w/Open cutout, idle, then rev, idle w/closed cutout, then rev.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...1251751101.flv

Quick Reply: Great work done by Khaotic (John)