Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a little rant

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-front...l#post10495648
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

No need to make a post just to make sure people see what you wrote in another thread. Not sure what you're even saying, either. What's wrong with wanting to upgrade a part to make it perform better? No different than upgrading any other part of the car.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

i didnt mean to double post it was part of the rant at the time while searching for a fix for the brakes.(remember the title) upgrades are great keep doing them. the fact still remains that the brakes do not work correct for a normal car let alone a (quote) performance application. having to replace them at my cost with aftermarket parts (warranty) just seams folish to me. performance upgrade is a great idea but this just seams like a costly repair. is the iss a repair or a upgrade or maybe gm could have lubed the shaft before ***.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The brakes could definately be better, however I don't consider them to not operate properly for a normal car. I guess yours are worse off? Better brakes would be nice, but these cars really aren't hardcore performance cars, either. Not that that's an excuse for having poor brakes, but can't expect some high performance Brembo's or something on there either. The majority of the people that own these cars most likely never drive them hard or anything.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive my cars hard, I'm at 29K now and have had the rotors trued twice already and they need it again! I've always tried to buy the best brakes I can as replacments. My wifes Expedition has Baer DecelaRotors and pads al the way around now. Thay cost more, about double, but its worth it. I'm going to be looking for the same on my Monte soon, prolly before spring. But just so you know its not just your car that has warped rotors!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dude, W_Bodies have been infamous for eating their way through brakes since about 20k miles after the first W-Body was ever sold. Just upgrade them and move on.

For that matter I'm sure my driving habits have something to do with brake failure. I'll stop my 2 ton sedan pretty quickly sometimes.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Teching In

thanks guys. ill see what i can find for a good pad & rotor combo. like 05cheerygxp said just move on. but the rant was fun