Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

VIDEO: C6 w/150 vs GTR @ 20psi vs C6 Z06 (465rwhp)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VIDEO: C6 w/150 vs GTR @ 20psi vs C6 Z06 (465rwhp)

Hey, last night was a good night for racing.

I had a few good races with some cool cars and one interesting rematch with an outrageous ram 3500.

To the video. I was going to stay home but a buddy of mine convinced me to head out to the races. (Good decision! ) As i rolled in, a friend runs to the car and says "do you want to race a GTR?" I'm like HELL YEAH!!.... here we go again.

(Side note... this always happens to me.... I pull in and dont park as I have a race waiting for me! )

Anyways, it was really a race between a C6 LS3 w/ 150 shot (that pulls 1/2 car on me) vs the GTR w/ 20psi tune-upgrade. I jumped in.

Anyways, we headed out.... I was in the wrong lane as it was an exit lane. We staged up around 60mph and without warning, the GTR takes the hit.

I reel him back and pull a car on him but I was already on the off ramp so I had to hit the brakes..... HARD! The C6 pulled on him more. They headed on direction while I another. there were cops in the area so we scattered and regrouped at the spot. The GTR dipped out and never returned. Fun race but he vowed to show us all up in a month with whatever mods he is going to throw at it.

But as of right now, officially, a GTR is not as fast as some of the nut-huggers claim it to be.

The video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...Z06_200006.htm

Anyways, so we hang out some more until I follow my buddy out to see a race we had set up. On the way back.... i see a BEAUTIFUL silver ( love the color!) F430 on rims and exhaust heading to a race with my mauricio in his viper in tow.

OF course i'm going to jump in on this!!!!!!

They line it up and i'm behind the the F430. They hit and I follow. I was coming up on the F430's bumper hard and had to hit the brakes a total of 4 times during the race. I had wish it was a three way highway as I would of gone past it. Mauricio beat the f430 in his Viper by a car.

On the way back, me and the F430 hit top speed with me gaining on him in 5th gear. He saw me and hit the brakes... i was going 180mph. We lined it up again with a car in my lane but still, enough for a little fun. He takes the hit and i follow. I rolled out 2nd, slapped third and picked up a 3/4 car lead until I had to get on the brakes.

We spoke and the guy was really down. He thought I had more than the intake/tune I have and insisted I pop my hood! I did.... only intake!!!

Anyways...as we are talking, this nasy 1100rwhp ram3500 on MT SLICKS rolls by and someone yells that I should race it. I told him, I did. Another guy asked what happened and I stated, i beat him. Well, that got some movement in the group and with in a minute... i was deemed to race him again!

Well, we headed out again and lined it up. The problem with racing that truck is that it runs hard from around 25mph.... thats it. Anything faster and the lag is so big that its not even a contest. (Its boosting a crap load... 60psi+)

Also, it was a cold night and knowing how much power the truck has, i elected to level TC on. He asked he, like before, to wait till he gets into boost (takes the hit) before i go. I oblige and blamo.... he takes the hit. I follow in 1st gear swinging the *** around and getting massive fuel cuts. Slap 2nd, same thing yet i pulled the hit and back on his front bumper. Hit 3rd, and i yank a 3/4 lead, hit 4th and pull some more until he lets out. We were going probably 140mph-ish.

Fast truck for sure.... but the smack talking that followed the first race was quickly dispelled last night. I hate that about the races but it feels good shutting some people up!

Anyways, fun race. I also raced my buddy's viper. He wanted I give him the hit at 60mph. He hit and I followed. I pulled a two cars lead on him and pegged out 4th gear (165mph). But that was strictly fun as we are good friends. I know he's got some magic-salsa in the trunk that he didn't turn on so I know what would happen if he did!! However, gauging his race with the F430 and mine, I would of pulled on that F430 a 2 1/2-3 car lead. Though, I'm benching racing right now and its not official.... but the proof is in the pudding, That f430 was beat no matter what!

Fun night.... we ended staying out till 3am.

LAterZ!

Angel

Last edited by obZidian; 11-18-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn sounds like some fun for sure lol
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Modded C6 Z06
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Black LS3 with nitrous

Who is faster between the two Vettes?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys have to much fun down there..
Old 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Nice races. That sounds like a fast ******* truck for sure.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

me jealous
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Launching!

holy **** what a night man..I can only dream....
Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang, sounds like a fun night! Those GTRs are jokes, but the modded ones aren't too bad.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Think he said in his first post that the LS3/150 shot car pulls him 1/2 a car
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Black LS3 with nitrous

Sounds like the LS3

Originally Posted by obZidian
Anyways, it was really a race between a C6 LS3 w/ 150 shot (that pulls 1/2 car on me) vs the GTR w/ 20psi tune-upgrade. I jumped in.
Sounds like an incredible night.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Ho ho !
Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah.... that was a fun night! Probably a bit more fun than when I ran the ZR-1.

Um, let me see.... yeah, the GTR's, in a street race... even with launch control, are really not that fast. This one was even modded and I easily walked it.

The Ls3 w/150shot, when we raced, strictly for fun, he pulled 1/2 car on me. I ws expecting more but all-in-all, he beat me.

Also, about the truck..... hell yeah its ******* fast!!!!!!!!!!! At his race @ 25mph, that thing gets up and boggies!!! It has 1100rwhp or something like that with about 1300rwtrq. (all of those figures are est.) and w/ a shot of something deadly when ever he decides to use it. Honestly, that truck is wicked and ALWAYS runs on MT slicks.... ALWAYS.... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Anyways, fun night! We'll see what the next monday has in stored for me. Oh, modded c6 z06? Yes, technically, but only with an intake and a conservative tune. (no BS, my AFR is at 11.9-12.0 at peak)

Now, my buddies black Z06 is fast...... cant really say what that has but honestly, it nasty! Took down a 800-900awhp EVO recently!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

did your buddy run the LS3 at the track yet? last track rental i was at in October an LS3 auto was running 11.8-12.1 and i was told the car was stock with just the engine cover or whatever they call it plastic cover removed. This was at atco in roughly 0'DA day, it fluctuated between + &- all day. the guy was heel bent on even letting my friend remove just the torque management from it, he seems to be on a mission lol.
i have had this debate with a friend of mine, about modding the LS3 vs the C6Z and i was curious what 150 shot would do to it? we have TBSS's running a 150 shot and they're hitting 11.3-11.5's but they weigh 13-1500lbs more then you guys.. What has your car run?

btw, that's sounds like an awsome night, congrats on the wins!!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Nice run guys and next time sacrifice with lil weight and let someone capture it while he/she is ON-Board

peace
Old 11-22-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
did your buddy run the LS3 at the track yet? last track rental i was at in October an LS3 auto was running 11.8-12.1 and i was told the car was stock with just the engine cover or whatever they call it plastic cover removed. This was at atco in roughly 0'DA day, it fluctuated between + &- all day. the guy was heel bent on even letting my friend remove just the torque management from it, he seems to be on a mission lol.
i have had this debate with a friend of mine, about modding the LS3 vs the C6Z and i was curious what 150 shot would do to it? we have TBSS's running a 150 shot and they're hitting 11.3-11.5's but they weigh 13-1500lbs more then you guys.. What has your car run?

btw, that's sounds like an awsome night, congrats on the wins!!
Well, i took the C6 Z06 once so far to the track and my times were absolutely horrible. No where near the average. I have to practice more as with the stock GY's I would get nasty wheelhop. My best that night was 12.1 @ 121mph..... told ya it was horrible!!!!!! I have to say that south florida is really not the best place to make great track times unless you have tons of practice with that specific car. The weather down here is always against us.

The LS3, with a 150shot, pulls on me only 1/2 a car. We have run it on motor to motor, and its really ugly for him! He has intake and a catback. I have an intake+tune.

If you don't mind, what mph are those TBSS running with the 11.3 et's?

Originally Posted by bad95killer
Nice run guys and next time sacrifice with lil weight and let someone capture it while he/she is ON-Board

peace
I did have a passenger. The GTR didn't!!! My passenger did get it on video but its on an Iphone. I'll see if he can send it to me but honestly, the quality is pretty bad!

A.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
The LS3, with a 150shot, pulls on me only 1/2 a car. We have run it on motor to motor, and its really ugly for him! He has intake and a catback. I have an intake+tune.
i would think an LS3 with a 150 shot has to be good for a high 10 (if the one i saw hitting 11.9 had a 150 on it, hell it would've been a 10.60 car?) i would think he would pull you much harder on the spray..

i have witnessed some crazy times/mph from vettes at the last few rentals, i just saw a stock C6Z run 11.2 on a DR, can't remember what mph, maybe 124?? and i have to ask, but i think it "may" have hit an 11.0 on a run or two, there were so many vettes running i got confused after a while "who was who" I also saw a stock bottem end NA C5 Z06 run a 9.9 @137 twice ... i think about a friend of mine and what his turbo Z06 runs 9.49 @149 and here's this H&C car not far behind, pretty insane..

not to mention my other friend's G8 running a TVS1900 stock heads & bottem end 11.14 @124 and then 126+ without hookin up, car would've hit a 10.9 for sure.. going back on the 5th next rental, i think..

If you don't mind, what mph are those TBSS running with the 11.3 et's?
they are running between 118-120. I don't think the "brick" aerodynamics in any way "aids" the mph category lol..
Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

You werent kidding when you had mentioned you cleaned house on monday, hopefully this week will be a good turnout again.

- Victor
Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Well, to date on the CF fast times list, there hasn't been a factory stock ls3 C6 that has hit anything in the 11's. A c5 Z06 has, but not a ls3 c6. However, they are still a great value in performance and shouldn't be taken lightely... those ls3's are serious!

11.2 in a C6 Z06 have been done before in STOCK trim with stock GY's on a good track and good weather. Those guys are hitting 126-129mph STOCK and those that have hit the 10's in STOCK trim have hit 130mph. There is one that i can vouch for that hit a 10.70 with bolt-on's and DR's. Good track and good weather of course.

So with that, I was also expecting to be beat by more than a 1/2 car but it just didn't happen. Whenever he would start inching away, i would shift and pick that lead up. Fun stuff!!!!!!!

Anyways, awesome truck there!!!

What's up vic? The car is at the dealer so no fun for me tonight.... I might not even head out as I have some work to do.

LaterZ!

Quick Reply: VIDEO: C6 w/150 vs GTR @ 20psi vs C6 Z06 (465rwhp)