Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo kits

Old 11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Turbo kits

Just wanted to know what Turbo kits u all have, and turbo size u are running ? This will help me plan out the 408 motor that i want to buy
Old 11-18-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can see my mods in the sig.
I am wondering now if a 408 was too big ,not because the turbos can't keep up but because the thing is just so freaking nuts. The 408 can spool those snails up like right now betting have full boost by 3000 in third mabye even lower . Traction whats traction? My nittos are wastes of time. I could mabye go down on gearing but like the 3.42 off boost and going 3.54 with new rear end. 408 is killer off boost as well.

So no complaints with my combo ,brutal and scary come to mind and have barely touched the surface am just running gate boost and not even staying there or going wot fofr very long yet.

My only complaints are my aps kit was a really long install that seemed like it would never end. And the fact I do have a bad turbo that have to take off the car in next few months ,they are pain to take off have to drop the kmember ..and send it off to be fixed. The turbo works still but can't put water cooling into it,it will leak coolant into my oil... So just don't go into boost much now. Its still getting the critical oil cooling.

The kit was very stealth you don't see anything but the intercooler neck when you open the hood. The kit standard blow offs are pretty quiet and you can't even hear the turbos spool up that much if you run a normal ypipe and catback. I took care of the blow offs with some super loud new ones and my cutout open gives great turbo sounds when I want to hear the snails.

I have had lots of fast cars in my 50 years on this planet but this one is definetly up there. My 97 talon is also crazy car but at least it has awd to help it stay on the road. I really really wish I could put traction control on my 99 now.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:07 PM
9 Second Club

OFI hot parts....ebay suppliers for cold parts. S488 turbo on a 408.

Kentucky turbo or APS might be the best ways to go right now
Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cablebandit
OFI hot parts....ebay suppliers for cold parts. S488 turbo on a 408.

Kentucky turbo or APS might be the best ways to go right now
Just a heads up, OFI still owes me and some other customers fully paid turbo kits. Joel promised to take care of these orders but that's only talking. No actions seen yet.

He is no longer a sponsor on this site.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 AM
9 Second Club

i totally understand that which is why i did not recommend OFI. It is ashamed some of these turbo vendors are allowed to get so far behind. Not like we dont see it coming every time.

What are the turbo size ranges for the APS and Kentucky turbo kits?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
You can see my mods in the sig.
I am wondering now if a 408 was too big ,not because the turbos can't keep up but because the thing is just so freaking nuts. The 408 can spool those snails up like right now betting have full boost by 3000 in third mabye even lower . Traction whats traction? My nittos are wastes of time. I could mabye go down on gearing but like the 3.42 off boost and going 3.54 with new rear end. 408 is killer off boost as well.

So no complaints with my combo ,brutal and scary come to mind and have barely touched the surface am just running gate boost and not even staying there or going wot fofr very long yet.

My only complaints are my aps kit was a really long install that seemed like it would never end. And the fact I do have a bad turbo that have to take off the car in next few months ,they are pain to take off have to drop the kmember ..and send it off to be fixed. The turbo works still but can't put water cooling into it,it will leak coolant into my oil... So just don't go into boost much now. Its still getting the critical oil cooling.

The kit was very stealth you don't see anything but the intercooler neck when you open the hood. The kit standard blow offs are pretty quiet and you can't even hear the turbos spool up that much if you run a normal ypipe and catback. I took care of the blow offs with some super loud new ones and my cutout open gives great turbo sounds when I want to hear the snails.

I have had lots of fast cars in my 50 years on this planet but this one is definetly up there. My 97 talon is also crazy car but at least it has awd to help it stay on the road. I really really wish I could put traction control on my 99 now.
You need to get rid of those Nittos! This CTS-V lost traction at 60 mph and did several 360's on a highway while the owner was taking a Caddy mechanic for a ride. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 This V had Nittos on it at that time. We recently installed M/T Drag Radials on it and it now has much better traction. My car hooks pretty good on the M/T drag radials, as can be seen in the below picture. Bob

Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cablebandit
i totally understand that which is why i did not recommend OFI. It is ashamed some of these turbo vendors are allowed to get so far behind. Not like we dont see it coming every time.

What are the turbo size ranges for the APS and Kentucky turbo kits?
For me the turbo sizes range from the Compact T4 TC series all the way to the Large frame T6 units.

Search this Thread