Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn Pro-Series Rear Drag Sway Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn Pro-Series Rear Drag Sway Bar?

i just pick up a used one was wonrdering if any one had the dirtection to install thanks?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty easy. Put rear end on jacks, remove tires, make sure jacks are as far out as possible so the sway bar will go in. Remove stock sway bar and end links. Install end link mount brackets, install new u-bolts and brackets, now with 2 people put the sway bar up and loosely connect it to the u-bolts. Center it left to right and make sure the bar is centered under the middle of the axle and snug the u-bolts(do not tighten them yet). Now attach your end links on each side, tighten the end link nuts to the connectors and tighten the bolts to the sway bar. Now making sure everything is still centered tighten the u-bolt nuts fully. Put tires back on and lower car. For preload directions they say to put a jack under the center of your k-member and slightly raise the front tires off the ground, make sure your tires are at race pressure(or street if it's for street use), driver must be in the drivers seat(or someone the same weight) and measure the distance from below the rear of the doors on each side. The drivers side should be 1/16th lower than the pass side. I wrote this based on memory, cause I just installed mine but can't remember where the directions are(pretty sure I covered everything)..lol Some people say drive it first, they didn't have to adjust their preload, also they(Spohn) recommend welding the end link brackets in place. Hope this helps? Any questions, lmk? Here's a couple pics, I have welded my end link mounts yet. If you have QA1's mounted like shown in the pic, turn them around so the ***** aren't facing the sway bar.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good answer off top of your head. i have one as well
but i was thinking it was 1/8inch i could be wrong
Old 11-22-2008, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomz28
good answer off top of your head. i have one as well
but i was thinking it was 1/8inch i could be wrong
Thanks..
99.9% on the 1/16th though... I'd look at my directions but they are in my car which is in the shop to have an 8 point installed!!

Quick Reply: Spohn Pro-Series Rear Drag Sway Bar?