Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lca relocation??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lca relocation??

i'm about to order some lca's and was wondering if i should get the relocation kit with it? my car is at stock height right now, and i haven't made my mind up whether i'm lowering it. car doesn't have any wheel hop like i've seen people post about, i was just wondering if the relocation brackets for the lca's are worth getting. O and also how do you install the relocation brackets? i've helped my brother put on his lca's but not the relocation so i don't have any experience with them, it looks like you have to take the shock off to put them on?.. i doubt thats the case i just wasn't sure, any help is appreciated.

cory
Old 11-19-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

bolt-on variety requires only the lower mounting point of the shock to be loosened,removed, and re-inserted.Weld-on variety does not require any shock manipulation.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
bolt-on variety requires only the lower mounting point of the shock to be loosened,removed, and re-inserted.Weld-on variety does not require any shock manipulation.
alright thanks, that helps me want the relocation brackets more. does it really help the traction as much as people say it does?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

helped a bunch on my car but i'm lowered
Old 11-19-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alright thanks creeper. how bout some of you guys that have the relocation at stock height..how well did they help the traction if any? i mainly drive the car on the street but don't get very good traction when i get on it..
Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had pretty bad wheel hop prior, but I installed the arms and brackets at the same time. Took care of the hop, now just spins when I break the tires loose. I'd go for it, if you decide to lower it, then you already have them. It made a noticeable difference launching, especially on the 1-2 shift, much more planted. I also believe you have the cut a bracket somewhere back there since you have an LS1.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spudnick3119
I also believe you have the cut a bracket somewhere back there since you have an LS1.
is this true ls1 guys? if so do you have any pics of what to cut and where?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbadss
is this true ls1 guys? if so do you have any pics of what to cut and where?
No picuters but at the back of the stock lca mount there is the brake cable bracket, you need to the end of it. Ill search for the pic, i saw it somewhere. Im lowered with lca's and the brackets, and my rear just dips about 1/2" and hooks nasty, no wheel hop or traction loss.

found the picture, that website has the install how-to very good info with pictures.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whytryz28
No picuters but at the back of the stock lca mount there is the brake cable bracket, you need to the end of it. Ill search for the pic, i saw it somewhere. Im lowered with lca's and the brackets, and my rear just dips about 1/2" and hooks nasty, no wheel hop or traction loss.

found the picture, that website has the install how-to very good info with pictures.
alright thanks, i haven't seen that pic yet, why is that piece there if it is not needed? or does the relocation bracket simply take the place of it?
Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Its there to hold the brake cable in place. You gotta cut it because the bracket goes inbetween that and the exsiting mount.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Its there to hold the brake cable in place. You gotta cut it because the bracket goes inbetween that and the exsiting mount.
o alright, thanks a lot for the help man.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redbadss
o alright, thanks a lot for the help man.
No problem, if you get the lca brackets without being lowered your rear end will move back towards the rear. Mine moved about 1/2"
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Yeah, if your lowering your car then get the LCA relocation brackets, otherwise spend your money elsewhere.
IMO, don't get them until you need them.
Here's a picture of mine, and it shows where I cut the parking brake cable bracket.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Here is a picture of our bolt on brackets installed. I hope these pictures help you see what it takes to install them... if you have any questions please ask. More pictures and information can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2012

Thank you!
Ryan

Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the UMI weld-in. Any reason why one is better than the other?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
I bought the UMI weld-in. Any reason why one is better than the other?
The bolt in versions will not work on an aftermarket rear. Weld ins will work on either factory or aftermarket.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

By the looks of the pics all you guys are puttin in the last hole..Is it because you are lowered or do you put it in even on stock ride height?

to the op did not mean to hijack your thread,but thought you may be wondering the same
Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by john563
By the looks of the pics all you guys are puttin in the last hole..Is it because you are lowered or do you put it in even on stock ride height?

to the op did not mean to hijack your thread,but thought you may be wondering the same
Supposedly the lower the setting, the better the traction. Although some argue that having the arm at such a steep angle causes handling to suffer if you like to road race/auto-x etc. I've never noticed anything, though I don't really push the car hard either. I'm sure someone can explain further as I don't exactly know the specifics.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Do you launch your car a lot and get wheel hop? If not then you probably don't need the brackets. If you like to rip burnouts on the street and get wheel hop or want better traction at the drag strip then get the brackets. If your like me and just drives the car boring on the street then you definitely don't need them.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john563

yea its all good man, i was wondering the same thing with those pics.

i don't drive my car very hard at all, it just seems like my car gets no traction at all when i do get on it tho, thought the brackets would help a little, i'm still not sure whether or not to get them. i think i'm going to put the lca's on first and if i decide to get the relocation i will put them on later down the road.

Quick Reply: lca relocation??