Question for Corvette Options list

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for Corvette Options list

I知 looking to buy a new/used Low mileage 2008/2009 Vette. While doing my research, I知 finding options listed that I would love to hear from someone with more experience with the use of these options. Are they really that user friendly and do most of you really enjoy their convince.

What about these options, whats the good Vs the bad here?

Z51 performance handling package
F55 - MAGNETIC SELECTIVE RIDE CONTROL

AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, MP3 FORMAT
AM/FM stereo with CD and factory navigation, XM satellite radio

REMOVABLE ROOF PANEL CJ2
CC3 - REMOVABLE TRANSPARENT ROOF PANEL

MEMORY PACKAGE AG2

INSULATION ACOUSTICAL PKG B8W

Joe
Old 11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definately go with the Z-51 package. This give you larger brakes, bigger sway bars and an engine oil cooler.

I had the factory NAV package, bose and On-Star. Used them frequently. However, Some people claim that they hate the NAV package, don't like paying for On-star and that they can get a better sound system at a custom installer.

I went with the Bose and added a JL Audio 250/1 sub and stealth subwoofer. Great sounding system!

Transparent roof panel is just something else to get scratched.

Go with the insulation package.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Definite yes on the Z51 package. It also comes with a more aggressively geared transmission. They still ride good enough to daily drive, that isn't a problem. The F55 is for fat old men.

Chevy navigation sucks and it isn't worth the money. Aftermarket nav systems cost less and are much nicer. I wish they would put the Cadillac nav in these cars, it is awesome for a factory setup.

Clear roof panel is lighter and looks very cool from inside. You also don't have to worry about the panel ever separating since it is just one layer. It also provides a tiny bit more headroom.

Memory package is only useful if you will have two people driving the car frequently. If it is just you, then you won't ever need it.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Definite yes on the Z51 package. It also comes with a more aggressively geared transmission. They still ride good enough to daily drive, that isn't a problem. The F55 is for fat old men.

Chevy navigation sucks and it isn't worth the money. Aftermarket nav systems cost less and are much nicer. I wish they would put the Cadillac nav in these cars, it is awesome for a factory setup.

Clear roof panel is lighter and looks very cool from inside. You also don't have to worry about the panel ever separating since it is just one layer. It also provides a tiny bit more headroom.

Memory package is only useful if you will have two people driving the car frequently. If it is just you, then you won't ever need it.

Only thing I would add to this is getting the DSVettes insert for the clear roof panel.

John