Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

3 time Camaro owner, 1st time LS1 owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 time Camaro owner, 1st time LS1 owner!

Hey guys, my name is Ryan. I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I got my first F-Body when I was 16. It was a 1992 Camaro RS V6 haha, really slow...but to the ladies it was pretty sweet. Here's a lil pic just for some laughs...

Haha that was me when I was 17, my hair is waaay shorter now lol. Anyway, after I wrecked the Camaro (thanks to an SUV that doesn't understand the concept of a freeway lane) I got a Nissan Sentra Spec-V. It was pretty ricey...not gonna lie. But I got over that pretty quick and picked up a 1987 IROC Z28 with a 383 Stroker, cam, heads, beefy transmission, and all that. It was fun, but way too big of a project for me at the time. After the beater I was driving around while working on that Camaro fell apart I picked up a 2005 Acura RSX Type-S. I figured it would be a sensible/sporty daily driver, and I was right. It did its job, except it seemed to suck worse in the winter than any of my other cars. It was fun, I ended up putting a CAI, header, and motor mount inserts on to liven it up a little bit. That was all well and good, but it never really did it for me. It never felt like it was MY car, and it never truely excited me.

For the past few months I've been looking for a small truck or SUV, because the payments on my Acura, while affordable, were just getting kind of annoying. I was bothered by paying that much for something I didn't really enjoy. So my plan was to go strictly for economy, with a little off-road fun....but then I found this...

My new (to me haha) 1999 Camaro SS M6. The moment I sat in it, before I even turned the key, it put a smile on my face. I just feel at home driving it, like it was meant for me. It's got 75'000 miles, a cat-back, K&N intake, and BBK throttle-body. I've got a few plans for it, longtubes, possibly a cutout, intake manifold, subframe connectors, tune...looking for hopefully 350whp or so, maybe a lil more...we'll see how bad the bug bites me haha. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm here to learn, and hopefully some day help others do the same. I look forward to everything this site has to offer! Thanks guys!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

man, 350 is hardly scratching the surface, I've got more than 350rwhp and my engine is still bone stock! > have fun and enjoy and welcome to ls1tech!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

350 rwhp, not a problem for an LS brother! LTs take some work to achieve but not a whole bunch. But, all-in-all, great choice on the ride! You should have a lot of fun and welcome to the site!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:45 AM
Teching In

350 is nothing man, if u got a factory beast, a tune by itself might get u there. if not, Full exhaust, intake, and a tune will get u there easily. with the right setup, ud be looking at 370ish+
Old 11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mint02CETA
350 is nothing man, if u got a factory beast, a tune by itself might get u there. if not, Full exhaust, intake, and a tune will get u there easily. with the right setup, ud be looking at 370ish+
Now thats what I'm talking about