Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Filter suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Filter suggestions

Hey all,

I tried to search, but with my work computer the search isn't working for some reason. I'm going to be setting up a custom fuel system running an -8an line as a new feed. What type of filter do you guys recommend? I'd like to get something with a threaded inlet/outlet instead of hose barbs. The car will see probably 10k miles a year, so something that will last is also a priority. I really don't know if I need an inline filter, canister, what micron filter, etc.

On a side note, if I use the stock feed as a return, should I make a new line to bridge the gap where the old line was, just replace it with a new stock filter, or what?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An Aeromotive, Fuelab, or Magnafuel inline filter is what you want to use. 10 micron is recommended after the fuel pump to the rails. 100 micron filter elements are used as pre-filters for externally mounted pumps typically.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and for the return side of things, take a look at this thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...size-plug.html

You can plug off part of the T fitting and run what ever you'd like for a piece of line back to the fuel bucket. I'd run a piece of -6AN back to the tank and connect it with Russell or Aeromotive quick connect fittings.