Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

f900bt

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f900bt

i'm going to buy a f900bt for my 01 trans am and my friend and i are going to install, it i was wondering if any one has done one and could offer some advice. my trans am is a ws6 and it has a monsoon setup and its a 1.5 din. I know we need to cut the bezel, but what else do we have to do to make it work.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

... brackets to hold it. to be honest there are soooooo many double din threads. there is a sponsor selling the bezel now. and theres a thread on it on the same page as yours.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is how I installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my 2001 Formula:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...installed.html
Old 11-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VIP1
Here is how I installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in my 2001 Formula:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...installed.html
if i dont have any sheet metal lying around can i still instal it or were can i get sheet metal and how much would it cost. and i will i need a welding machine also.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You can get sheet metal at your local Home Depot or Lowes as well as many other places that might be less expensive. There is no welding involved - just cutting, bending and drilling holes.

There is a lot more involved in the bezel modification than just cutting the top and bottom of the opening to fit the additional height. Double DIN head units are taller but not as wide as the factory unit so you have to fill in the sides of the opening to cover the gaps.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
You can get sheet metal at your local Home Depot or Lowes as well as many other places that might be less expensive. There is no welding involved - just cutting, bending and drilling holes.

There is a lot more involved in the bezel modification than just cutting the top and bottom of the opening to fit the additional height. Double DIN head units are taller but not as wide as the factory unit so you have to fill in the sides of the opening to cover the gaps.

so... how do you recomend for me to make the bezel.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by nate_the_great17
if i dont have any sheet metal lying around can i still instal it or were can i get sheet metal and how much would it cost. and i will i need a welding machine also.
I used the side panel from an old computer case. I have plenty of those lying around.

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00

Yup.

Originally Posted by nate_the_great17
so... how do you recomend for me to make the bezel.
You can make a custom one like I did, modify the stock one, or buy the one KEE Audio is selling.

You can see mine in my thread.

Modifying the stock one involves cutting to make the opening taller, adding plastic to narrow the opening, epoxy (or plastic weld/glue), bondo, and paint.