Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel setup advice please

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel setup advice please

Hi, I'm building a forged 347 to be used with a TC78 turbo kit. 800rwhp max. From what I've read dual walboros intank should be enough, but what size injectors? The size I came up with using the calculator seemed way too big for what I've seen used in similar applications as mine. Any changes required to feed/return lines? Stock fuel rails enough? What about a boost referenced fpr? Thanks in advance for some answers!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I was in your spot I would do a fpr and rails up front, dual wabro's in the tank. You can use the evap as return or run a dedicated line for feed and use the stock feed for the return. Many ways to get the job done, just depends on how much money you want to spend. For injectors you are going to need a set of high impedance 75's or run a driver box and either low impedance 75's or 96's if you want room to grow. Driver box is assuming your using the stock pcm.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to be running a twin intank from Lonnies performance.
It has twin intank pumps, bigger 8 an fuel and 6 an return, adjustable reg, bigger rails,filter complete system and is good for around 1000rwhp maybe a bit more.
Remember if you use a boost referenced regulator it makes the injectors go farther.
60s might do the job for you but there is now 79 think it is high impedence or you can go to like 96 low impedence with converter. I am prepared to do either if necessary in my build but won't know now till spring car is away for winter.

Adding a boost a pump like msd might let the system abover go even higher on hp. Person should be watching fuel pressure in the cabin and watching pulsewidths and afr on the wideband.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

I highly doubt 60's will make it to 800rwhp on safe duty cycles and pressure that the pumps can still flow enough fuel at.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
If I was in your spot I would do a fpr and rails up front, dual wabro's in the tank. You can use the evap as return or run a dedicated line for feed and use the stock feed for the return. Many ways to get the job done, just depends on how much money you want to spend. For injectors you are going to need a set of high impedance 75's or run a driver box and either low impedance 75's or 96's if you want room to grow. Driver box is assuming your using the stock pcm.
Can you point me in the direction of some fprs? Will any rails work with an LS6 intake?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Look me up if you are interested in a complete setup from the pump kit to rails & back. I can make it easy for you.