LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Time for the car to go..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for the car to go..

Well, I'm sad to say this.. But the Monte has to go. Yeah, I'm gonna take a pretty big hit to get rid of it, but the dealership where I'm buying my other car is going to cut me 0% financing. I'm not selling it due to gas (Although I do only get 15.9 mpg, driving conservitavely), but I am selling it because I'm moving to Florida. Mainly because I'm moving to Orlando. If I only get 15.9 around here, in minimal traffic, I'd hate to see it in that traffic. That, and I won't have nearly as far to drive when I get down there, so really no need for a big highway cruiser. Anyways, it's been fun, but, it's gotta go. New car? WRX.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DUDE YOU SUCK, **** THAT WRX, YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR GOING TO GET BETTER MILEAGE IN THAT CAR?????? Guess what, your not! Don't take my advise, Search! Look at the average mileage post's..... You honestly wont find a real answer more than 24 MPG.....
Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper91-RS
Well, I'm sad to say this.. But the Monte has to go. Yeah, I'm gonna take a pretty big hit to get rid of it, but the dealership where I'm buying my other car is going to cut me 0% financing. I'm not selling it due to gas (Although I do only get 15.9 mpg, driving conservitavely), but I am selling it because I'm moving to Florida. Mainly because I'm moving to Orlando. If I only get 15.9 around here, in minimal traffic, I'd hate to see it in that traffic. That, and I won't have nearly as far to drive when I get down there, so really no need for a big highway cruiser. Anyways, it's been fun, but, it's gotta go. New car? WRX.
new car............................ ls1?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:29 AM
TECH Resident

get a cheap but strong car to drive to work and family **** then get a ls1, they are pretty cheap now. You can spend like 20 grand and get both.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

You are not going to get any better mileage in a WRX, and even if you did, how long would it take you to make up for the hit on selling the LS4?

If you want four wheel drive (in Florida?), then knock yourself out, but don't delude yourself into thinking it is a financially sound decision.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not a fan of the new WRX, the STI's look okay. I'm with 06 SS though, financially it will probably take you awhile to make up for the loss, especially since highway mileage will only be around the same, you'll only be gaining a couple city mpg's, and the WRX sips premium too so there's nothing to save there. I mean if that's what you want, knock yourself out. But if you're doing it for financial purposes, it's not gonna help you out.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Almost 30K on my Monte and I think my driveline broke in some more. My new highway average at 65 mph in 30 degree weather was 27 MPG on the Long Island Expressway. From the Queens line to near Riverhead. Those who know that highway, it is not always flat...plus the 24 hour intense traffic. It dont get any better than than that esspecially since the sticker says 28. If you give them time the cars do deliver on thier promise. You also have to treat the throttle like an egg. So take it for what its worth... Probably not a whole hell of alot...
Old 11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

17,000 miles on my 2008 Impala SS, bone stock. I average 18.5-19.5 city driving. my daily drive to and from work is all stop lights and stop signs. 35-40 MPH speed zones. I do no baby it either, pulling away from the stop lights and signs. I like to have a little fun before the long day at work. Over the summer I took a trip to Texas in the SS, averaged 30 MPG each tank, there and back. i checked it with the DIC and my calculator after each fill up. Last weekend I took a trip to Buffalo NY from Rochester NY. Was cold and snowing during the trip, but was nice to not even use a quarter tank for the round trip. I am happy with the performance and gas milage i get. Would be hard to get used to the sound of the WRX after always having a V8 rumble in all my cars.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I were even remotely close to 18 city. 12-13 FTL.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

See ya chief. Have fun being an import fan boi...I kid I kid. Hopefully something LSx powered in the future.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha.. All the hate! Man, I figured I'd be congradulated on moving on to something better. Aaanyways, the MC SS has got to be the single worst care I have owned. Modifications are limited to almost nothing, and those few mods you do have are almost 100% visual.

The transmission is terrible, the 6-disc changer in mine broke four times, the passenger side door locks itself on occasion after it's been unlocked, and I have to shut the car off to get it to unlock, the amount of rattles are insane, it consumes oil worse than a rotary engine, and over-all it has terrible build quality. I don't mind the financial hit, I can stomach it since it's mostly being rolled in to the new loan. But I'd rather drive something fast and fun and get poor mileage than drive one of the single poorest productions from Chevrolet in a long time. I'm not an import fan. But I do like the 5-door WRX, So I am getting one. I'm a huge Chevrolet fan. But this car broke my trust for them, and their ability to produce quality cars.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

id get this if i had 22k layin around.

http://www.lutherauto.com/Preowned-I...oryId=25906285

too bad i dont, awd burnouts would be fun
Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck with the move / new car.

The older style Sti's always catch my eye on the street.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats on the new ride, bmw/benz/ subaru/volvo/ some of the best and strongest cars i have seen, the subaru is boxed in on a X pattern, take out the carpet you will see triple lined high strenght steel, through out that car,

the only weak part of that car is the front bumper is held on with clips only, and the doors, the rest is like fort ****** knox, iam a GM guy true blue, all the way from my buick 225, to my gxp, but being in the automotive field i see the crappy quality from GM

brand new impala`s coming to us for rust work, rattles, buicks rusting, the enclave coming to us to readjust the front gaps, i could go on but its no wonder people are going to the imports, better and well built cars, high strenght steel inside and out, where GM only uses high strenght steel on some structual parts

i could go on and on i sure hope GM comes back and starts building quality again