Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock Rail + PSI ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 02:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock Rail + PSI ??

i need some help with a fuel layout for a 99 t/a. im planning on building a remote mount system for my car, with fmic, etc.
i have tried seraching but cant seem to any relative info.
i really would like to keep the stock fuel rail and use 42# injectors and a upgraded intank pump.
i dont want or need to convert to return fuel system with all the bells and whistles. i wont be seeing any more than 10psi or even over 600rwhp. car will be tuned with HPtuners a SD tune.
will i be ok in this range without a boost referenced FPR and return fuel system?
Iknow the STS kits do not come with a fuel system revamp, but i figure they come with upgraded pump. and i figure they use the stock rail and upgraded injectors as well.

SHORT version:can i just keep my stock rail and 42# injetors along with upgraded pump and sd tune. without having to convert to return type fuel??
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st those 42s are not going to cut it you should go to 60s
i tryed the same thing big waste of time and money
2nd what pumps? i run twin 255LPH intanks and stock fuel line no issuse. ive gone as hi as 694 rwhp at 62psi of fuel
i have SD tune as well
so get bigger injectors and maybe some fuel rails ( i have FAST rail) you should be fine after that
Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 600rwhp, you should be fine on the stock lines, but 1 pump will be dangerously maxed out flow wise.

I can set you up with a plug-n-play twin intank setup to make it an easy swap & you will not have to worry about pump issues or adding boost-a-pumps etc. Let me know if I can help.