Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

F-body street shootout!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-body street shootout!

So me and my boy Nick go for a ride since it turned out to be a beautiful day out here in west Texas. Him in his silver 02' Hawk and me in the T/A, in tandem taking the long way looking for a place to grub, ya know just crusin. Suddenly we pull up on a hugger orange (98'right?) Z28 with a 3'' unpainted cowel hood that just killed the rarity factor. Sounded at idle like he at least had a hot cam or so. Dude is rompin on it actin like an *** in heavy traffic and after several blocks of this i notice we somehow picked up another Z28, this one sunset orange metallic. This guy wasnt driving as crazy but everyone started to get a little too lead footed for my liking. I hung back just praying that God would give me a sign and show me i was doing the right thing waiting for a better moment. They had gotten stuck at a red light all 3 when i pulled up behind - Nick and the Z's. When it turned green nick spun pretty bad, hell they all did, but nick had the hardest time outa tha hole. They only got to like 50 and had to slam on the brakes for another red light. Again i pull up the rear a sec later. Same race - again they all spin and again nick had a hard time outa tha hole (thats a nice car and a ragged intersection!) but looked like he reeled them back in by the time they all hit the brakes at 120 or so . I was like a mile back by this time so i didnt see nick pull over to check out a noise. I ONCE AGAIN pulled up on the Z28's at the last light out of town territory where ill gladly play! It was like the sign id asked for - God rewarding me for my patience. Every other car had turned off - i saw the hugger orange Z messing with a red vert C6 1/4mile ahead but the vette guy immideately jumped 3 lanes and turned off.
So its me and the SOM Z we honk it off at roughly 40/45 and he fenders me until about 75/80 whe i start to pull away faster and faster. First off you should know that the Vigi stall aint in the car yet so im runnin stock stall at the moment. The car didnt downshift but once RPM's built up i was gone. By 120 i had 2 1/2 cars on him. I flip a bitch to come back and the hugger orange is coming on me hard and slows down next to me and dropped it into gear at like 30ish - we were running out of straightaway so i just nailed it hoping he was ready (gay i know). Since my car actually downshifted this time the dude had a sec to react - we left at the EXACT same time and he actually stuck w/me for a sec but i started to pull in the higher RPM's once again. He made one shift but on the 3/4 (6M apparently) he banged it off the rev limiter nasty. And that was it - the SOM Z came by to shoot it w/me & nick in the parking lot - it was a single owner 01' 6 speed with exhaust and a lid and a new trans. Dude said it had 128k on it - mine rolled 140k on this very outing! The hugger Z never came back. Nick had exhaust and a lid (A4) and were positive the hugger was cammed. Good times indeed!!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

too long, video or cliffs NOW
Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

que??
Old 11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little long... but nice kills!