LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New brakes, right rear caliper sticking

Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brakes, right rear caliper sticking

Yesterday i installed the SSBC short stop pad and rotor kit. I also painted the calipers red (makes it look like its got something). The fronts were great, and the left rear was easy, but even after C-clamping the hell out of the RR caliper, i still had to beat it into place with a dead blow. It stops great, but the RR is extrememly hot and creating alot of dust. I tried bleeding it today, to no avail. and it appears as if the caliper is pulling the rotor in, so the rotor does not sit flush unless i put the wheel and lugs on. Any ideas? should i give it time to wear in the new pad? am i risking ruining the rotor?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

uhhh isnt' there a brake/suspension section 4 this?

Otherwise did you retract the rear caliper pads using the correct tool inside the caliper cause the C clamp method is for the fronts only? your deadblow hammer method may have destroyed the e brake portion of the caliper guy.... is the rotor getting really hot ytet?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Oops, i guess i just always go for the LT1 section. But yes, the rotor is getting rather hot, but im unsure if the OEM rotor was getting hot or not, but Im worried Im gonna ruin this thing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New brakes, right rear caliper sticking